HUD audio track name - sometimes

slythetove

Reaction score
The other day my HUD started showing the name of the track my usb was playing when I was hitting up through them. It never happened before and it hasn’t happened since. I really wish I could get it back as I really like not having to take my eyes off the road while switching tracks.
Anyone know why this happened and how to make it stay?

Nobody else with HUD notices this? Do your track names always display in the hud? Never?

From what I recall, if I change songs manually it shows in the hud. If the songs play through and continue the playlist they don’t show in the hud. I use CarPlay, and haven’t used usb, but I do feel like the info showing in the hud is inconsistent sometimes. I’ll have to keep a closer eye on it, since it could be me missing the info displayed lol. I have a pre-refresh 22.

yes I’m talking about when I manually press up or down for the next/previous track. It’s so odd that it’s not always there

In case anyone else is interested in this: So far I find that if I start the truck, wait a short time, then use the DIC to go over to the music display in the center about 80% of the time the tracks start showing up in my HUD. You can switch back off the music display in the DIC and the HUD continues to show tracks as I manually seek them. It's not 100% and I don't really get why this is necessary but thought I'd share what I've found to work most of the time now.

Just one last update:

If you use a source other than CarPlay - so radio, XM, or USB the track / info is displayed in the hud. If it’s not you can do as I describe above and swap the dic to the music display and change tracks. Once it starts appearing in the hud you can change the DIC back to whatever.

It’s basically that the new Google powered infotainment has a “wall” where nothing works with carplay. Voice commands don’t work (you have to do long press and have Siri do them for carplay), hud doesn’t display track info etc.

The prior version of mylink infotainment was a lot better for voice as it would cross and understand all sources and include Apple CarPlay in all functions.

I haven’t really been a fan of how Google has approached the built in infotainment and this is another reason I think GM dropping CarPlay and Android auto going forward is a huge mistake.

Most reactions

Back