GMC app

Is anyone’s GMC app stop working to turn on their truck? After I got my truck bumped at my work parking lot the GMC app won’t link up to my trucks network to turn on.
Does the truck have the check engine light on? That definitely will make the app and remote start not to work.

yes, several times. Go to Google play store on your phone. Type in the search "my GMC"
Since you already have the app, it should show "update"
Click the update and see if that doesn't solve it.

Not to hijack but does the owner manual function of the MyGMC app work for anyone? My screen turns gray and hangs.

tried it this morning when I was leaving the gym and it miraculously worked. Tried it after work and it turned on my truck but I didn’t receive a notification that it turned on. When I got home I opened the app and it said it was still being sent to my truck. Going to the dealership tomorrow for them to check it out.

Yes, the online manual works. It has to download the first time, so it acts like it's hanging, but it will load. Just downloaded again. It seems everytime I update the app, it has to re-download for every vehicle I have....

Screenshot_20240327_194003.jpg

Yes, the online manual works. It has to download the first time, so it acts like it's hanging, but it will load. Just downloaded again. It seems everytime I update the app, it has to re-download for every vehicle I have....

View attachment 7527
I get

View attachment 7527
I can see that too, and I waited while it downloaded first, but now click "Introduction " and then click "Introduction " again on the next menu. Thats when all my picture is just gray. Just weird. probably work tomorrow lol

Last edited:
tried it this morning when I was leaving the gym and it miraculously worked. Tried it after work and it turned on my truck but I didn’t receive a notification that it turned on. When I got home I opened the app and it said it was still being sent to my truck. Going to the dealership tomorrow for them to check it out.
Same thing happened to me (minus the truck being hit) I noticed it soon after the app update. Deleted myGMC app and reinstallled it. Works as it should now. I'd try that before going to the dealership ...

Same thing happened to me (minus the truck being hit) I noticed it soon after the app update. Deleted myGMC app and reinstallled it. Works as it should now. I'd try that before going to the dealership ...
Welp went to the dealership and supposedly lady was like there’s an update for the app and the truck. It now works as it should.

Here’s another thing with the app. I have my wife’s Yukon at4 added on the app. It shows her Yukon with a picture of her vehicle. But when I switch to my sierra it doesn’t show a picture I know “first world problems” right. Wondering if everyone’s app is like that? Or do they see there truck on their app?

Most reactions

Back