Fitting Tires with Ready Lift SST 2.0 lift

tbspivey

Reaction score
Hi there, First post here and already asking for help :)

I have a 2022 Refresh and recently installed the Ready Lift SST 2 inch Lift that comes with new upper control arms. I went with the 285/65/20 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W Tires.

Sadly we realized that most of the people who were able to fit 11.2+ width tires, most likely don't have the Ready lift upper control arms that stick out further (towards the tire) than the original control arms. (Attached pictures of it barely rubbing with no wheel spacer and one with the quarter inch wheel spacer on there now)

So now I'm in a pickle. I love the look of the truck but am going to have to make some kind of change. I currently have some .25 inch wheel spacers to get by until I can figure a solution. They are neither wheel nor hub centric so I am not going to be driving it much until I can figure something out.

As far as I can tell, these are my options

- Hub Centric Wheel Spacers (Spoke to US Wheel Adapters and was told the smallest hub centric wheel spacer they could do with stock wheels was half inch which I was told would have enough thread with new ET Lug Nuts. This would be the easiest fix but I honestly don't know enough about wheel spacers to know if this would be a safe and viable option or not
- New Wheels (I actually really like the stock wheel look so would like to stay away from this)
- Smaller Width tire- Maybe a 275/65/20 (10.8 width as opposed to 11.2 I have now) Would have to bite the bullet and sell the tires I do have secondary (only have about 100 miles on them)
- New lift- For obvious reasons would like to avoid this after just having the other installed.

Thank you for your help and look forward to hearing your input!

Attachments

• IMG-7600.jpg
    IMG-7600.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG-7659.jpg
    IMG-7659.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG-7661.jpg
    IMG-7661.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG-7662.jpg
    IMG-7662.jpg
    582.2 KB · Views: 297
I guess just looking for advice from anyone who might have had the same issue and what they ended up doing.

I’ve never run wheel spacers so don’t know much about them. That would be the easiest fix but wondering if the risk would be too high and smaller tires would be a better option.

I plan on the same with the Stock 18's ...... Maybe a YouTube can help. Looks like the .25 gives you enough clearance.
I kind of figured Ready lift would already have something to address this but no such luck.

I don't want a wad of tire sticking out or fender mods.

Keep the spacer or go with different size tire. The 285/60 would fit or probably the 295/60

Went with the .375 spacer on the front for clearance from the readylift control arm. I am getting 7 turns on the lug nut with those.

Had the spacers on the back as well but was only getting 5.5 turns so I decided to remove the back spacers.

So far so good.

I guess my only questions now are

1) any issues running spacers on the front and not the back?

2) I’ve read a lot of conflicting things on how many turns are considered safe. Any input on that would be helpful as well.

Thanks

You want at minimum 7 turns on spacers like that so your good on the front. It won't affect anything running them on the front and not the back. Honestly in the long run you want hub centric but for now the spacers you have are fine as long as you got 7 turns and tighten led them properly in the star pattern to ensure all lugs are equally tightened. I did it on my F150 a couple years ago for 12k miles n then sold the setup to a buddy who ran them for 10k before he bought new rims n tires. No crazy off roading though.

Okay have a question for you. If you still had stock control arms would the tires fit? I'm only looking to put the bilstien shocks on which would only be 1" so not planing on doing upper control arms.

Okay have a question for you. If you still had stock control arms would the tires fit? I'm only looking to put the bilstien shocks on which would only be 1" so not planing on doing upper control arms.
I have friends that have been able to put 35/12.50/20 on. It is a tight fit with factory control arms. That’s also including a 2 inch RC kit. I think also depends on the tire itself.
I have ready lift 2.0 with their UCA. I think 35/12.50 will rub or too close for me.

Do you just have the Readylift 2.0 sst? And you have no issues with these fitting? Thanks
Correct. I removed the metal bracket behind the fender well for additional clearance.

35 12.50 would rub a lot unless you did major cutting. I was not doing that with new vehicle

Correct. I removed the metal bracket behind the fender well for additional clearance.

35 12.50 would rub a lot unless you did major cutting. I was not doing that with new vehicle
Any chance you have a picture of the bracket you removed or more info on what’s involved or how difficult it was? does it come out with bolts or did you have to cut it away? Thanks in advance.

Went with the .375 spacer on the front for clearance from the readylift control arm. I am getting 7 turns on the lug nut with those.

Had the spacers on the back as well but was only getting 5.5 turns so I decided to remove the back spacers.

So far so good.

I guess my only questions now are

1) any issues running spacers on the front and not the back?

2) I’ve read a lot of conflicting things on how many turns are considered safe. Any input on that would be helpful as well.

Thanks
I don’t understand why you would get 7 turns in the front and only 5 turns on the back wheels, are the wheel studs shorter on the back?
Another option is longer wheel studs for thicker spacers

Most reactions

Back