Excessive noise at highway speeds

purplehaiz

Reaction score
I am considering the purchase of a Sierra AT4X. I wanted to know if anyone has issues with excessive wind noise. I test drove an AT4X this weekend, and when I got above 60 mph the wind noise was so loud. It sounded like a window was cracked. I checked the windows, the sunroof, and the sliding back window and couldn’t find where the noise was coming from. I took the truck on multiple test drives to make sure what I was hearing. I really wanted to purchase that truck but couldn’t take that one home until I know what the noise is, Is this a common issue for the AT4/AT4

Interesting. I have very little wind noise from my AT4X. Drove it up to Chicago, and back, right after I bought it and the only noisy thing(s) were the OEM Duratrac's. I replaced those when I got back home and it made all the difference.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any unusual wind noise. The offroad tires do make some noise but even they aren't as bad as most in my opinion.

I am considering the purchase of a Sierra AT4X. I wanted to know if anyone has issues with excessive wind noise. I test drove an AT4X this weekend, and when I got above 60 mph the wind noise was so loud. It sounded like a window was cracked. I checked the windows, the sunroof, and the sliding back window and couldn’t find where the noise was coming from. I took the truck on multiple test drives to make sure what I was hearing. I really wanted to purchase that truck but couldn’t take that one home until I know what the noise is, Is this a common issue for the AT4/AT4
Go try another one ! If you have any bad gut feelings run away fast! These vehicles are far too expensive to
Purchase one with a question mark over our heads.

Most reactions

Back