Does Dealer Matter when ordering Refreshed AT4

jconner00

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm hoping to join the club here with a 22 Refreshed AT4. I'm running into a lot of frustration and I fully understand all of the issues in the car market right now, but it's more around how inconsistent each dealer is. Some won't even talk to me saying "oh man you won't see those for a year" some say "yea we can order it but here's $6,000 worth of BS you don't want that you have to get" or "yea but at 5K above MSRP" and now i've found a dealer in Cullman AL (Bill Smith GMC) (i'm in Atlanta, GA) that seems to be telling me they will order it without the BS.

The question for you all, is there a way I verify that this dealer even has the allocation to be allowed to order the truck before I get myself into an endless line that the dealer can't even fill?

Is there a way to know which dealer i should order this truck from?

It seems like GM is putting the customer experience at risk by putting us in the middle of the GM/Dealer relationship problems that results in them not being allocated trucks.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! I owned a sierra about 10 years ago, have been in a car since then, but the tech geek in me saw the new interior and new it was finally time to go back!

In my experience , the short answer is Yes, it does matter.
TheDealer where I live is very old and well respected, but the product allotment from the factory is very limited due to not moving product as fast as dealers in a large metro area.
When I started i could get no idea or help as to what would be available in the future or was due in.

went 400 miles north to a much larger operation ( 3 dealer group ) and they even had their incoming allotment on the internet; all you needed was the model/build code, scan thru the incoming for the model code and color combos you wanted, call sales and ask if you could reserve it , 1000$ deposit and it was yours complete with build sheet; NOW, the unknown was When would it hit the production line ? The only difference with ordering is you could pick something that was Really close but maybe not Exactly what you want; but the wait was much shorter,. In my case all I gave up was the 2 extra sensors for the trailer tire pressure; At this dealer ALL AT4’s were the same: as close to a Denali as you could get. Total wait time was about 10 weeks.

If you want to check this out go to JERRY SEINER GMC SOUTH (salt lake) and shop around there is a link in the upper left to what’s is due in. At least there was
R

Thanks so much for the reply! Ok, i'm leaning towards going with a big name dealer who has multiple ships based on what you're saying and everything else that i've read. The big name that is in town told me they have 7 on order right now. So at least he's being up front!

If someone from GM browses these threads - I just can't understand how the customer should have an order held up because that dealer they randomly ordered from has a bad reputation with GM.

Thanks so much for the reply! Ok, i'm leaning towards going with a big name dealer who has multiple ships based on what you're saying and everything else that i've read. The big name that is in town told me they have 7 on order right now. So at least he's being up front!

If someone from GM browses these threads - I just can't understand how the customer should have an order held up because that dealer they randomly ordered from has a bad reputation with GM.
May not be a factor now but back in Dec Jan local guy was marking up 5k to 10k depending on model

I don’t know what you mean by “ bad reputation . It has to do with ability to move inventory

Totally understand, just not sure how a customer from the outside would know which dealers are good at moving inventory and others are not. That was my point. Anyways, i'm on the books with an order number at least! Now time to figure out how to stalk this thing!

Regardless, it will be worth the wait , We LOVE ours. Watch out though if you are new to something this big it always feels like you are doing about 20 instead of the 45 you are actually doing

Hi all! I'm hoping to join the club here with a 22 Refreshed AT4. I'm running into a lot of frustration and I fully understand all of the issues in the car market right now, but it's more around how inconsistent each dealer is. Some won't even talk to me saying "oh man you won't see those for a year" some say "yea we can order it but here's $6,000 worth of BS you don't want that you have to get" or "yea but at 5K above MSRP" and now i've found a dealer in Cullman AL (Bill Smith GMC) (i'm in Atlanta, GA) that seems to be telling me they will order it without the BS.

The question for you all, is there a way I verify that this dealer even has the allocation to be allowed to order the truck before I get myself into an endless line that the dealer can't even fill?

Is there a way to know which dealer i should order this truck from?

It seems like GM is putting the customer experience at risk by putting us in the middle of the GM/Dealer relationship problems that results in them not being allocated trucks.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! I owned a sierra about 10 years ago, have been in a car since then, but the tech geek in me saw the new interior and new it was finally time to go back!
Where'd you end up ordering from?

Where'd you end up ordering from?
John Thornton Cadillac in Carrollton GA. Stan there has been awesome and has promised MSRP but is currently at the mercy of GM to give him more details on when my truck will be here

John Thornton Cadillac in Carrollton GA. Stan there has been awesome and has promised MSRP but is currently at the mercy of GM to give him more details on when my truck will be here
Gotcha, yeah I was curious if you went with Bill Smith or not. I ordered mine through them and suppose to arrive at dealer 8/20.

Order from Laura in St Louis. Largest volume dealer. Will get the quickest and for no markup. That’s what i did. I live in Nashville. Flew up and they picked me up at airport. Drove it home. 2.5 months from order to delivery

Order from Laura in St Louis. Largest volume dealer. Will get the quickest and for no markup. That’s what i did. I live in Nashville. Flew up and they picked me up at airport. Drove it home. 2.5 months from order to delivery

Anyone know if Laura would honor GM supplier pricing on special orders?

Back