Do I need air bags

Luvs2fish76

Reaction score
Just bought a 2021 1/2ton AT4 duramax. Have a camper that weighs close to 7900lbs with a tongue weight of 910lbs. Have yet to hook it up because I’m in a month long shutdown here where I work. Will I need air bags because of significant squat or will it handle it without.

I have no idea.
Check out a YouTube channel dons life. He has an at4 and does a video installing airbags and the compressor. He tows a camper and measures the squat before and after if I remember correctly.
Lots of other mods as well.

If this helps any, got 29’ pull behind, 6465lbs, 600 on tongue, have no level kit, have sway hitch, it squats a little in back , not a lot to make difference on feel for me, I thought I might have to do same thing until I pulled it , i know you have more weight, also think I set trailer brake at 3.0 or 3.1 , also don’t forget to program trailer, it will keep memory. Was very impressed with power though especially up inclines . Also carry a bottle of def , it seems it goes pretty quick, from Nola to Dallas I filled 3 x, it went through regen mode with half a tank and all of sudden it said refill asap hope this helps

Most reactions

Back