Did you have a ceramic coating applied?

thewholetruth

Reaction score
I am considering having Xpel Fusion Plus ceramic coating applied to my new AT4X HD as I live in an area where there is road salt and sand 5 months out of the year as they use it to keep the roads clear. I've never had a ceramic coating applied in the past and I'm wondering if any of you have, and if you're willing to share your experience? Here is a link to the product I'm considering having applied. I have been told that it'll make it much easier to wash and keep it looking clean and new. The truck is onyx black so it's going to show a lot of dirt! https://www.xpel.com/ceramic-coating-fusion-plus

I have a vehicle that is ceramic coated (not my AT4). I had it paint corrected first and it looked brand new when it was done. It absolutely makes it easier to wash. I barely even need to hand wash anymore. Just pre soak with a foam cannon and rinse, that's it.
There's a ton of brands our there. My installer used a company called Carpro. They all do about the same thing. One thing to note is that although most come with a multi year warranty, you will most likely need to have some sort of maintenance done each year in order to see those results. Ask your detailer.

I applied Adams Graphene Ceramic coating on my previous AT4, and will be applying it to my AT4X before too long. Just like Leo said, it makes washing and drying the vehicle so much easier.

I applied Adams Graphene Ceramic coating on my previous AT4, and will be applying it to my AT4X before too long. Just like Leo said, it makes washing and drying the vehicle so much easier.
Seems very highly reviewed on their site. What are your thoughts? Have you used any other ceramic products? I'm new the ceramic arena.

Did it. Love it. Would do it again!

As others mentioned, it helps a lot with regular washes and water beading after rain. I also use a ceramic detail spray with every wash to keep the coating fresh.

Seems very highly reviewed on their site. What are your thoughts? Have you used any other ceramic products? I'm new the ceramic arena.
I like it a lot, easy application. The toughest part isn't installing the ceramic, it is correcting the paint to get it where I liked it. Spent about 10 hours compounding and polishing to my desired liking. That was the first time I had coated a vehicle myself. On my wife's Explorer I paid someone to ceramic coat it and they used the old Adam's ceramic that they don't sell anymore. The expected life of that coating was 2-3 years, but with keeping it in the garage and proper washing techniques it is just now wearing out a little over 4 years later.

I am struggling a ton with my new 24 2500 AT4X, I am looking for any way to protect the paint. I also live on a dirt road and drive 10 mph or less and my lower doors are a disaster. With 6k on it the stone guard is useless. Mud flaps are not an option to find with the AT4X flares completely different from the stock AT4. I looked at coatings, that doesn't help and PPF won't adhere good to the stock stone guard, anyone else running into this?

Ziebart has a complete inside and outside treatment system. It starts with rust proofing the doors, and rocker panels, applying a rubber like coating to everything underneath like the frame, floors and other components. Then they clean and condition the leather and carpets as well as applying a ceramic coating to interior surfaces. They apply RainX to all the glass inside and out. Then comes the best part they prep and buff the paint and apply 9 layers of a ceramic coating treatment to everything outside. https://www.ziebart.com/auto-care-services/paint-protection/ceramic-z-gloss-paint-coating NOT CHEAP @$4,500 with a 10 year ceramic coating and a lifetime rustproofing warranty.

I am considering having Xpel Fusion Plus ceramic coating applied to my new AT4X HD as I live in an area where there is road salt and sand 5 months out of the year as they use it to keep the roads clear. I've never had a ceramic coating applied in the past and I'm wondering if any of you have, and if you're willing to share your experience? Here is a link to the product I'm considering having applied. I have been told that it'll make it much easier to wash and keep it looking clean and new. The truck is onyx black so it's going to show a lot of dirt! https://www.xpel.com/ceramic-coating-fusion-plus
This is my second truck that I’ve had ceramic coated , I swear by it . The ceramic coating definitely helps protect the paint and most products work about the same . The only difference in the ceramic is life expectancy, some you can get with a 2 or 3 year warranty , Ive seen them up to 7 years warranty . I have the 5 year warranty but I usually do mine every second year , you won’t regret it , like I said , I highly recommend it .

Paint correction is key before applying because once it is on it is a PITA to polish off to do the correction. The dealer prices are so hyperinflated. Application is so easy. Easier than polishing/waxing a vehicle. There are several products for the consumer. I prefer Adams products as their products were developed in the desert SW so they hold up to the heat/UV rays. Ceramic coating make cleaning so much easier as dirt, mud, rain, etc don't adhere. There are quick detailing products that compliment the ceramic coatings to keep daily touch ups easy. I do my wheels as well along with windshields. Adams products can also be used on plastic trim work. The coating also helps reduce the fine scratches that can happen when using drive thru carwashes.

So for best results you should do a paint correction. Makes me wonder if that was done at the dealer prior to them applying what they sell. hmm

I am struggling a ton with my new 24 2500 AT4X, I am looking for any way to protect the paint. I also live on a dirt road and drive 10 mph or less and my lower doors are a disaster. With 6k on it the stone guard is useless. Mud flaps are not an option to find with the AT4X flares completely different from the stock AT4. I looked at coatings, that doesn't help and PPF won't adhere good to the stock stone guard, anyone else running into this?
Order the mudflaps you see in my signature; specifically for the AT4X.

Most reactions

Back