Bed covers/length

TheGish

Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first post. I am a potential Sierra AT4 owner. I love the look of the truck, buy I have a few questions/concerns:

1. I was hoping to get a retractable/locking bed cover for my truck. However, I understand there is nothing made for the carbon pro bed because it does not have standard rails. Has anybody found a way around this?

2. This will be my first truck and I wanted a 6ft bed. However, this is not an option with the AT4. Has anybody that went for the short 5.8ft bed had regrets? Or is it close enough to 6ft to not matter as much?

3. Can I truly expect to get an average of 24-26 mpg’s?

4. I would LOVE to find the Duramax Diesel AT4 as a certified preowned because brand new is just crazy expensive. Does anybody have any advice on the best way to find this??

Thanks so much everyone!

Hello all. This is my first post. I am a potential Sierra AT4 owner. I love the look of the truck, buy I have a few questions/concerns:

1. I was hoping to get a retractable/locking bed cover for my truck. However, I understand there is nothing made for the carbon pro bed because it does not have standard rails. Has anybody found a way around this?

2. This will be my first truck and I wanted a 6ft bed. However, this is not an option with the AT4. Has anybody that went for the short 5.8ft bed had regrets? Or is it close enough to 6ft to not matter as much?

4. I would LOVE to find the Duramax Diesel AT4 as a certified preowned because brand new is just crazy expensive. Does anybody have any advice on the best way to find this??

Thanks so much everyone!
I have the AT4 with the 6 1/2 foot bed, but you cannot get the Carbon Pro with the standard bed, I have the diesel and I am getting right around 25 mpg on highway. Getting my front end leveled raised 2 inches tomorrow. Will post pics soon.

Thanks so much everyone!

Yea, as far as I know, there is no fix. May I ask why you want the retractable cover? The hard trifold model was great on my old Z71. I just picked up my new AT4, so I'll probably be adding that next month. I'm happy to show pics or put up a quick video if you'd like.

I have the AT4 with the 6 1/2 foot bed, but you cannot get the Carbon Pro with the standard bed, I have the diesel and I am getting right around 25 mpg on highway. Getting my front end leveled raised 2 inches tomorrow. Will post pics soon.
I would love to see pics of the level. I wound up picking up a non-carbon pro butI got the short bed! I was too nervous to get the standard 6.6ft bed in tight city like San Diego..... I hope I don't regret getting the short bed!!! I guess time will tell

Yea, as far as I know, there is no fix. May I ask why you want the retractable cover? The hard trifold model was great on my old Z71. I just picked up my new AT4, so I'll probably be adding that next month. I'm happy to show pics or put up a quick video if you'd like.
I wound up grttingthe non Carbon Pro AT4. The retractable cover seems much more secure to me. I also like the look of it better - it's just clean and strong looking and I hear good things from friends - especially when it comes to keeping rain water out. The only concern I have now about getting the retractable cover is that I wonder if it would prevent me from loading my motorcycle up in the bed??? Its a big heavy bike and, as it is, I have to have the tailgate down in order to fit it.

I have the Carbon Pro model and I am looking for a good bed cover. Initially wanted the Revolution roller, but not available for the CP due to the lack of rails. Curious to know if anyone has a good recommendation. BTW, I went with the diesel and I am averaging 27 MPG.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think there are many bed cover options for the CarbonPro, which is why I did not go with that package (even though the bed construction is bad ass).
I just wonder if the retractable bed will prevent me from being able to load my motorcycle in the future?

I am having the same issue as I have the carbon pro. If anyone finds a cover, retractable or folding, please post it. I also would like to see pictures of the leveling kit installed! Cant go above a 33” tire with the stock 2” lift, there’s a frame rail right behind the back wheel well cover on the drivers side front so only option is the leveling kit. Also, does that void warranty Adub?

I would love to see pics of the level. I wound up picking up a non-carbon pro butI got the short bed! I was too nervous to get the standard 6.6ft bed in tight city like San Diego..... I hope I don't regret getting the short bed!!! I guess time will tell
So we got hit bad by Hurricane Zeta and my auto hobby projects have turned into home repair. Did you settle on a cover? I'll be doing mine, but probably not until early spring when I'm done with my house.

recently ordered an MX4 for my 2021 with the carbon pro bed. I was told as of December 14th, 2020 they have made this cover specifically for the carbon pro beds which comes with everything to install it properly and not having to do any cutting, etc to it. I have not received it yet, however I was sent the instructions on how to install it that way I could get an idea of what to look forward to when it does arrive. Anyone interested in these instructions please let me know.

If anyone is interested I have a Lomax cover.

Attachments

• 8756345A-3183-40D1-8F3D-F3339AFD3FFB.jpeg
    8756345A-3183-40D1-8F3D-F3339AFD3FFB.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 90
  • 13EAEB67-AA3F-49BE-9B9D-9C1C65F7013C.jpeg
    13EAEB67-AA3F-49BE-9B9D-9C1C65F7013C.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 96379450-66B7-4784-BD5A-2087CDDE9152.jpeg
    96379450-66B7-4784-BD5A-2087CDDE9152.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 3B913046-9947-4F1E-BC6D-853FC0A31E31.jpeg
    3B913046-9947-4F1E-BC6D-853FC0A31E31.jpeg