Bed covers/length

recently ordered an MX4 for my 2021 with the carbon pro bed. I was told as of December 14th, 2020 they have made this cover specifically for the carbon pro beds which comes with everything to install it properly and not having to do any cutting, etc to it. I have not received it yet, however I was sent the instructions on how to install it that way I could get an idea of what to look forward to when it does arrive. Anyone interested in these instructions please let me know.
Interested

Bakflip Revolver X4s on my Carbon pro. No complaints. Went with the roll up style. Easy to operate, secure, be patient with the install....

Is the roll up firm enough to hold some weight on top?
Mfg states 400lbs evenly distributed. I haven't tested it to that extent yet.....but a couple cases of Coors light and various other items didn't seem to bother it. The top is interlocked aluminum slats. Its stout to say the least.

Last edited:
Mfg states 400lbs evenly distributed. I haven't tested it to that extent yet.....but a couple cases of Coors light and various other items didn't seem to bother it. The top is interlocked aluminum slats. Its stout to say the least.
Perfect, exactly what I'm looking for. Can the top be easily removed to put dirt bikes in the bed?

Perfect, exactly what I'm looking for. Can the top be easily removed to put dirt bikes in the bed?
Yes.....the bikes may even fit with the cover rolled all the way up.....there are straps that secure it when rolled up. Front tires may tuck up under it.

I have an X4S on order for my new AT4X. My only concern is how it will roll up in the long winter months here in Montana (currently -14 and got another foot of snow over the last 24 hours). I have watched YT vids on the X4S and freezing issues. Seems I will be using a rag with some WD40 on it to keep the freezing to the rail to a minimum. But glad to have a cover for all my misc stuff (am a contractor) in the back of my truck for once. Never had a tonneau cover to this point, figured I'd go higher quality and do it right.

I have an X4S on order for my new AT4X. My only concern is how it will roll up in the long winter months here in Montana (currently -14 and got another foot of snow over the last 24 hours). I have watched YT vids on the X4S and freezing issues. Seems I will be using a rag with some WD40 on it to keep the freezing to the rail to a minimum. But glad to have a cover for all my misc stuff (am a contractor) in the back of my truck for once. Never had a tonneau cover to this point, figured I'd go higher quality and do it right.
I have the same cover. Don't live in as cold of a climate as you but would still be interested in your experience. Please share when you have something to share. Thanks

I have the same cover. Don't live in as cold of a climate as you but would still be interested in your experience. Please share when you have something to share. Thanks

I will report back for sure once I get it and install it! May be a few weeks as I bought direct from BAK as they were running a 10% sale, but they are currently running a couple weeks back on stock on the X4S. I could have bought the same one on Amazon and had it this week, but would have cost me about $120 more so decided to be patient.

I will report back for sure with my experience with it in the cold!

I will report back for sure once I get it and install it! May be a few weeks as I bought direct from BAK as they were running a 10% sale, but they are currently running a couple weeks back on stock on the X4S. I could have bought the same one on Amazon and had it this week, but would have cost me about $120 more so decided to be patient.

I will report back for sure with my experience with it in the cold!
I'm also interested in getting the X4S for my AT4X. I also live in Montana and worry about durability and winter performance, but so far I've heard mostly good things about the cover.

I'm also interested in getting the X4S for my AT4X. I also live in Montana and worry about durability and winter performance, but so far I've heard mostly good things about the cover.

I think it is a really good cover. Any tonneau cover will likely have some struggles in the winter.

Being in Montana, then you are probably in the bitter cold as I am also. Not much fun currently!

#2. AT4 SB. no regrets. Turning radius is huge already .

#1. Back flip 4. Love it. ZERO Car wash leaks

#3. Drive it like a normal person , stay out of the injection system at stop lights, cruise control at EVERY opportunity, keep it below 70 or 75; 60-65 is optimum ( 6.2 , by the way [ 15 to 18 in town; 20 to 24 hiway, not towing])

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back