What's new

AT4X stock 295/70/18 no level no rub

Old Guard

Reaction score
Looks good, the final check will be when you do some off camber stuff like driving through a ditch etc, but even a slight rub shouldn't be a problem if you take it easy. :)
I have now experienced a minor rub on the front passenger side. I went down a narrow trail (into a cut with about one foot of clearance on either side of the mirrors), with a good-sized rut on the passenger side, and the tire rubbed a bit on the fender lining but nothing major (just left some dirt impressions on the lining). More importantly, I've learned that, after a four hour attempt to buff and polish out trail rash, it costs $450 to have black paint compounded, polished, and waxed to remove scratches left from young Loblolly Pine trying to tickle fight with the truck. Lockers work, though, so I've got that going for me...which is nice.

adeerchaser

Reaction score
That Sux! As I have grown older ( and smarter) - park truck and use Side by Side. Have been told long time- trees scratch and mud is liquid sandpaper. Only took me 58 years to let that sink in🤣😳

Old Guard

Reaction score
That Sux! As I have grown older ( and smarter) - park truck and use Side by Side. Have been told long time- trees scratch and mud is liquid sandpaper. Only took me 58 years to let that sink in🤣😳
The voice in my head said “don’t do it,” but I’m a stubborn idiot and chose to ignore it. I think I’ll reserve the off-roading to the more open, rocky trails of South and West Texas leases (steering clear (literally) of the mesquite, live oak, and cactus) instead of narrow East Texas mud bogs.