AT4X leveling kit

Truck looks great! I just picked up my white AT4X last week and i've been looking at the same set up you have. Now that you've had some time to drive it around how has the ride quality been compared to the stock set up? Other question was how is the road noise on the nitto's vs the stock tires? Thanks!
Sorry for the delayed response!
truck rides great and no issues after 6000 miles now on it. The Nitto Ridge Grappler is an awesome tire for on road use while still looks aggressive. They have been on my previous 2 trucks as well. A mild hum at highway speed, but nothing like a true mud tire.

I did install the new Nitto Recon Graplers on my Wife’s Yukon AT4, and those are even quieter. So if primary used on the street, would also recommend looking at those. Thanks and good luck with your upgrades!

Installed the 1.75” ReadY Lift kit today to AT4X
Looks so much better!! Everything working well (park sensors, camera, adaptive cruise)

honestly can’t tell the difference from factory ride but only drove it 25 miles from the shop so will do a review after 1000 miles or so.

Zero rub with 285/60/20 with 20x9 +1 offset
But I did delete mudflaps and installing the finishing trim this weekend to cover the holes

Hey everyone,
I was just notified my 2022 AT4X is in, after ordering all the way back in Oct. 2021. As many of you have stated, I was disappointed in the size of the tires and the look with all the wheel well space.

My understanding was it already comes with a 2” factory lift, and is leveled. So, I figured I can simply put some 33-34” tires with the 18’s, or may move to a 20” setup with some Fuel wheels.

Thus, why is a 1.75” lift kit needed? I have also heard others talk of level kits?

It sounds like 11.2” width is about as wide as you can go. Would the following setup work with the factory lift?
285/70/R18
285/65/R20

Thank you for your help and recommendations.

Hey everyone,
I was just notified my 2022 AT4X is in, after ordering all the way back in Oct. 2021. As many of you have stated, I was disappointed in the size of the tires and the look with all the wheel well space.

My understanding was it already comes with a 2” factory lift, and is leveled. So, I figured I can simply put some 33-34” tires with the 18’s, or may move to a 20” setup with some Fuel wheels.

Thus, why is a 1.75” lift kit needed? I have also heard others talk of level kits?

It sounds like 11.2” width is about as wide as you can go. Would the following setup work with the factory lift?
285/70/R18
285/65/R20

Thank you for your help and recommendations.
Hey Troyc,

I have a 2022 AT4X and yes it has a 2” lift, but it does have a factory rake of almost 2”.

I installed a 1.75” leveling kit, and left the rear stock height. A 285/70r18 should clear fine with factory height.
Thanks

Attachments

• DEC61A16-6978-4D01-AF39-91DF2B79A6D3.jpeg
    DEC61A16-6978-4D01-AF39-91DF2B79A6D3.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 0610C99B-576C-45C0-A4BC-1A8E9C36E52F.jpeg
    0610C99B-576C-45C0-A4BC-1A8E9C36E52F.jpeg
    451.8 KB · Views: 150
Hey Troyc,

I have a 2022 AT4X and yes it has a 2” lift, but it does have a factory rake of almost 2”.

I installed a 1.75” leveling kit, and left the rear stock height. A 285/70r18 should clear fine with factory height.
Thanks
TexasAT4X- when you say they should clear fine with factory height do you mean before the 1.75 leveling kit? Trying to figure out if I can just go 275/70/18 on the factory spec. Thanks!

TexasAT4X- when you say they should clear fine with factory height do you mean before the 1.75 leveling kit? Trying to figure out if I can just go 275/70/18 on the factory spec. Thanks!
Hi Llmontgo, a 275/70/18 should clear your stock set up with no problem. Thanks and good luck!

I did the RC 1.5in specifically for the AT4X
Have the exact same truck and the same size tire actually. Doing the same level of course since its the only one. Would you mind measuring the height from the ground to the top of wheel well on the front and back? Debating on whether or not to get rear blocks as well.

I'm running 285/70r18 toyo at3's, stock rims and no level and I have zero rubbing and looks good.

Trying to decide on a few things for my new AT4X. Considering keeping the stock 18" wheels and putting Nitto 285/70/r18's on it with no RC front level kit. The reason for no RC front level kit - which I really want to do - is that I don't want my factory warranty voided. I bought an extended 6 year 100K mile extended warranty for the first time ever, as the issues my 2020 diesel AT4 gave me (at only 39K miles) scared me from not having a factory warranty longer than 36K miles.

But I don't want to have my warranty voided because of the 1.75 RC lift (would go with the better UCA's if I did the lift). Thoughts on the chances that having the lift would void my factory warranty on the entire truck, or just on the suspension?

I also am considering getting some Fuel wheels, either 18x9 or 20x9. I like some wheel poke on my trucks, and have considered wheels spacers for the stock wheels (not sure what the stock wheel offset is, but guessing +10 positive or something similar). I realize more wheel poke will make rubbing issues worse. If I did a slightly wider offset on Fuel wheels OR some wheel spacers on the stock wheels, that would get me some wheel poke, but also may cause rubbing issues.

I do know that I can't live with the stock wheels and stock tire combo - those tires looks small and dumb on this truck. But the stock wheels are pretty decent looking, and I could save some $ by not buying custom wheels this go around. Either way I am going with either a 285/70 or 285/75 Nitto RG if I keep the stock wheels. I will do similar size/height Nitto RG's even if I do custom 20" wheels. What I do with the wheels, tires and offset or spacer width will obviously determine if I should do the RC level kit.

Trying to decide on a few things for my new AT4X. Considering keeping the stock 18" wheels and putting Nitto 285/70/r18's on it with no RC front level kit. The reason for no RC front level kit - which I really want to do - is that I don't want my factory warranty voided. I bought an extended 6 year 100K mile extended warranty for the first time ever, as the issues my 2020 diesel AT4 gave me (at only 39K miles) scared me from not having a factory warranty longer than 36K miles.

But I don't want to have my warranty voided because of the 1.75 RC lift (would go with the better UCA's if I did the lift). Thoughts on the chances that having the lift would void my factory warranty on the entire truck, or just on the suspension?

I also am considering getting some Fuel wheels, either 18x9 or 20x9. I like some wheel poke on my trucks, and have considered wheels spacers for the stock wheels (not sure what the stock wheel offset is, but guessing +10 positive or something similar). I realize more wheel poke will make rubbing issues worse. If I did a slightly wider offset on Fuel wheels OR some wheel spacers on the stock wheels, that would get me some wheel poke, but also may cause rubbing issues.

I do know that I can't live with the stock wheels and stock tire combo - those tires looks small and dumb on this truck. But the stock wheels are pretty decent looking, and I could save some $ by not buying custom wheels this go around. Either way I am going with either a 285/70 or 285/75 Nitto RG if I keep the stock wheels. I will do similar size/height Nitto RG's even if I do custom 20" wheels. What I do with the wheels, tires and offset or spacer width will obviously determine if I should do the RC level kit.
Fit 285/75/18 NITTO RG. Rubbed a bit but no issue trimming a little. They were close to barley flush on stocks. Swapped for 18x9 fuel contras +1, definitely rubbed ALOT. But stick out about an inch n thats perfect for me.

Attachments

• 20221211_144259.jpg
    20221211_144259.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 89
Fit 285/75/18 NITTO RG. Rubbed a bit but no issue trimming a little. They were close to barley flush on stocks. Swapped for 18x9 fuel contras +1, definitely rubbed ALOT. But stick out about an inch n thats perfect for me.

Thanks for the info!

I went to my local shop where I normally get tires, wheels, lift, etc. Trying to decide between staying with stock wheels, but fitting them with 285/70/r18 Nitto RG's. Nitto RG's have gone way up in price from three years ago. They will give me $500 for my almost new stock tires, with that taken off the Nitto's would be almost $1400.

Other option is to get wheels with the Nitto's. I have been liking the Fuel Blitz in black. Those are $330 a wheel. He will give me a grand for my stock tires and wheels. Would end up being about $2500 after trading in my stock tires and wheels - not cheap.

And if I do the Fuel Wheels with Nitto tires, I will likely need a front level. He called Rough Country, and they are saying the 1.75" front level with improved angle upper control arms are NOT ok to put on the AT4X. I know a good number of people on this board alone have that Rough Country front level with UCA's installed just fine. He will install the Rough Country 1.5" front level though, for $400. Says he can't take the risk on installing a lift when the manufacturer is telling him it is not approved for this truck. So if I do a front level, it would be the one keeping the stock UCA's. Maybe that is OK, but there is a reason the improved angle UCA's are made....

I leave out of state (flying this time, not driving) Friday afternoon, return the following sunday. Was hoping to have this stuff installed while I was gone, but apparently it would take a week or more to get everything in to the shop. Guess I will just have to be patient and take a little more time digesting what I want to do before making a final decision.

Thanks for your info and help BTW. Your truck looks nice, I like what you have done to it!

Hey Troyc,

Thanks

Is your 1.75" level kit with the improved angle upper control arms or without, sticking with the stock UCA's?

Rough Country is saying the 1.75" kit with the improved angle UCA's is not approved by them for the AT4X, only for the AT4. They do have their regular front level kit, which is only $70 for the parts, but no improved UCA's.

Torn on what to do. Install the RC kit keeping the stock UCA's at my local shop, or just buy the RC kit with the improved angle UCA's and have another shop install it, or just do it myself. I'd still have to get it aligned, but that's easy enough. Staying with the stock UCA kit is cheaper to do.

Thanks for the info!

I went to my local shop where I normally get tires, wheels, lift, etc. Trying to decide between staying with stock wheels, but fitting them with 285/70/r18 Nitto RG's. Nitto RG's have gone way up in price from three years ago. They will give me $500 for my almost new stock tires, with that taken off the Nitto's would be almost $1400.

Other option is to get wheels with the Nitto's. I have been liking the Fuel Blitz in black. Those are $330 a wheel. He will give me a grand for my stock tires and wheels. Would end up being about $2500 after trading in my stock tires and wheels - not cheap.

And if I do the Fuel Wheels with Nitto tires, I will likely need a front level. He called Rough Country, and they are saying the 1.75" front level with improved angle upper control arms are NOT ok to put on the AT4X. I know a good number of people on this board alone have that Rough Country front level with UCA's installed just fine. He will install the Rough Country 1.5" front level though, for $400. Says he can't take the risk on installing a lift when the manufacturer is telling him it is not approved for this truck. So if I do a front level, it would be the one keeping the stock UCA's. Maybe that is OK, but there is a reason the improved angle UCA's are made....

I leave out of state (flying this time, not driving) Friday afternoon, return the following sunday. Was hoping to have this stuff installed while I was gone, but apparently it would take a week or more to get everything in to the shop. Guess I will just have to be patient and take a little more time digesting what I want to do before making a final decision.

Thanks for your info and help BTW. Your truck looks nice, I like what you have done to it!
I just had mine leveled yesterday. Used the 1.5 RC and bought separately their 3.5in UCA. angle is perfect.

I just had mine leveled yesterday. Used the 1.5 RC and bought separately their 3.5in UCA. angle is perfect.

Thanks. So you can buy the 1.5 level and also install the 3.5" improved angle UCA? And the separate UCA's are the ones that would normally come with the 1.75" kit which Rough Country now says is not approved for the AT4X (even though some on this site have installed that kit just fine).

Did you install yourself or have a shop do it? My normal tire/wheel/lift/etc shop won't do the UCA's since none are approved according to him for the AT4X. Mind posting a link to those UCA's you got? I have decided I was just going to do the 1.5" kit without the UCA's since that is all my local shop will install, but may change that plan with the new info you posted.

Thanks!

Yep thats what I got. And had a shop do it. Ordered parts myself. You need a new shop apparently, it says right on there "
  • Fits Trailboss/AT4/AT4X models with 1.5-2" of suspension lift."
Fit's 19-23 sierra 1500s. It's not really model specific as long as you have 3.5in of lift.

Here's the link

Back