A/T Tires

LamboTexas

Staff member
Reaction score
Planning on upgrading tires in December. This truck came with the Goodyear Wrangler Territory 265/60 20’s. They aren’t too bad. I drive on the ranch in a lot of sand, dirt, brush, caliche, mud and occasional snow and ice. (Along with normal HWY driving and towing). I plan on going with an A/T LT295/60R20. On past trucks I’ve used: Goodyear Duratracs 4/5 ⭐️ , Mickey Thompson MT’s 2/5 ⭐️(way to noisy) , Cooper Discoverer AT3 4/5 ⭐️, BF Goodrich TA KO2 3.5/5 ⭐️, Falken Wildpeaks A/T 4/5 ⭐️. What are your go to A/T tires? Recommendations or advice?
AD539580-DD6C-4CD4-9807-002C8F32B5FB.jpeg
00AC486B-0AE8-40C1-A457-6CD4E620E65A.jpeg
21AC46E6-0A02-446D-B58D-4BEFF2E4A14E.jpeg
A26E7A88-EBF9-42D6-9B35-573D0C541C30.jpeg
AD4E958A-C226-4AAB-8839-BFF6AB05C5C2.jpeg

Planning on upgrading tires in December. This truck came with the Goodyear Wrangler Territory 265/60 20’s. They aren’t too bad. I drive on the ranch in a lot of sand, dirt, brush, caliche, mud and occasional snow and ice. (Along with normal HWY driving and towing). I plan on going with an A/T LT295/60R20. On past trucks I’ve used: Goodyear Duratracs 4/5 ⭐️ , Mickey Thompson MT’s 2/5 ⭐️(way to noisy) , Cooper Discoverer AT3 4/5 ⭐️, BF Goodrich TA KO2 3.5/5 ⭐️, Falken Wildpeaks A/T 4/5 ⭐️. What are your go to A/T tires? Recommendations or advice?View attachment 444View attachment 445View attachment 446View attachment 447View attachment 448
I have heard great things about the Toyo Open Country AT3s, you might want to check 'em out! What go the KO2 a 3.5?

Good luck with your search, and very nice new profile picture (or whatever it is called)!

If you want a tire that will last a long time and never get flats but a little on the hard/stiff side get Toyo M-55 all the ranchers and loggers use them out west. For my new 6.2 AT4 I put a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I really like the tire, I don't know how long they will last but I took new Dura tracks off and these Nitto's are a lot quieter and seem to ride better also. I had KO 2's on the Ford Raptor I sold and I liked that tire but being 6 ply they wore quickly.

I'm going with the ridge grapplers too, although my best lasting tire ever was "Fierce Attitude" , I think they're a goodyear offshoot....had them on a 4 door wrangler and rotated them every other oil change (6k miles) and those things were still 50% tread after 60k miles. Great in mud and snow, but can't get them in every size.

When you decide which tire you want watch Discount tire's website, I was able to get a flash sale discount of a $100 off there already good price it was for 3 days only but I called my local store and they were able to give me the same deal and I didn't have to buy them online and they had them shipped in and installed 2 days after the call.

When you decide which tire you want watch Discount tire's website, I was able to get a flash sale discount of a $100 off there already good price it was for 3 days only but I called my local store and they were able to give me the same deal and I didn't have to buy them online and they had them shipped in and installed 2 days after the call.
Appreciate the head’s up!

May check out the ST Maxx. Great traction and good on road. Kind of hard to find but great tire.

I also usually get tires from local place when they do the buy three get one free. Also a lot of times they will do free installs.

Last edited:
So I've ordered from 4wd.com and 4wheelparts.com and desertrat.com etc... and they always came in a week and were waiting in my driveway when I got home to put on my vehicles. This time I used Extreme Customs LLC because they had the inventory. However rather than receiving them last night as scheduled, I got a call saying they'd been sent down south by mistake from fedex, and they also don't authorize a lift gate on the delivery truck (to save them money) so now my tires are supposed to arrive NEXT Tuesday....some time in the morning...and I have to take the day off work to be home because I'll have to inspect, unpack and unload the rims and tires myself from the back of a tractor trailer. Not impressed. I contacted customer support and they said I should have read the fine print. Nice.....

Got em on last night. I love the look of the bigger rim and tire. The fronts do rub a little on the mud flaps, so I may remove them tonight after work. But the rims are 20" with a +12 offset and tires are ridge grapplers 295/60r20. Speedo's off about 2 mph up to 68/70 and then it's off about 3 mph.

newrimstires (1).jpg

Attachments

• newrimstires (2).jpg
    newrimstires (2).jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 134
  • newrimstires (3).jpg
    newrimstires (3).jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 140

Most reactions

Back