4WD Not engaging / not switching from 2WD Four wheel drive

Purple MF

Reaction score
Figure I'd report that this morning it snowed about 9 inches and trying to move my truck it would not switch into 4WD HI . ( or 4WLO or AUTO wouldnt work either) Called the dealer and they want me to bring it in. Ill report back . Anyone else have any issues ? We should just push be able to push a button right lol. Sometimes I wish I had a old school manual everything !

You don't list what year of truck you have, but I would check the underhood fuse #51 transfer case control module.

If the fuse is open, try a new fuse. But there is a reason the fuse blew, so I would still have dealer diagnose.

It will keep you rolling in 4x4 if'n it works, till dealer can look at it.

This happened to me years ago on a 07 Silverado when I lived in RI. The actuator on the transfer case went bad and was a quick fix. Salty roads in the NE aren't to nice to the electronics. And I agree, manual 4x4 controls would be awesome.

I updated my sig . Thanks.
You don't list what year of truck you have, but I would check the underhood fuse #51 transfer case control module.

If the fuse is open, try a new fuse. But there is a reason the fuse blew, so I would still have dealer diagnose.

It will keep you rolling in 4x4 if'n it works, till dealer can look at it.
I updated my sig . 2022 35 k miles. And thanks for the fuse # brother. I was just about to ask 😉

Last edited:
This happened to me years ago on a 07 Silverado when I lived in RI. The actuator on the transfer case went bad and was a quick fix. Salty roads in the NE aren't to nice to the electronics. And I agree, manual 4x4 controls would be awesome.
It was the actuator. They diagnosed and replaced it all in the same day. Was under warranty so that was good. Just a little concerning that I only have 36K on a 2022 and been through barely 2 very mild winters. They do over-salt here in NJ. Thanks IslandDan and Gemarsh !

Most reactions

Back