30. Duramax oil temperatures?

zeeya

Reaction score
Has anyone that has added either of the digital gauges watched your oil temperature? I checked mine a couple of times yesterday while traveling highway speeds at 75 with about a 15 mph head wind. My dang gauge was showing my oil temp getting up to 250. Now I wondering what it is going to do when I put the bay boat behind it. My coolant temp was like what others were showing 200 up to 230. There are several you tube videos where guys are posting the coolant temps climbing up and down. I know we have the system that reroutes coolant to where it is needed. So if it routes it to a spot away from your sensor area the temp will rise.
It's the oil temperature that kind of worries me.

Just towed my 22’ bay boat about 190 miles up to Toledo bend. This active cooling system kept my oil temps 250 and below.
it’s strange though that my coolant temps stayed anywhere from 195 to 210. I left the boat at the lake and drove home with just my gear an not towing anything and my coolant temps ran 210 to 228.

Coolant temp about 220 F and oil temp about 239 F steady highway driving at about 65 mph, no towing and 78 F, appears normal. :)

That is what I am seeing at that speed, but at 75 on cruise she climbs up. I was surprised that it made that much difference in oil temperature. Oil temp @246 and coolant temp will drop to 208-210 when it gets up in that range to keep it from climbing higher.
IMG_6124.jpg

Most reactions

Back