22 AT4 - Possible Issues

KCDizzle

Reaction score
Hey All,

New AT4 Owner and Truck Owner, picked up my 22 AT4 last week.

Slowly noticing some possible issues and hoping i get some opinions or thoughts.

1) When 4x4, at low speed like reversing or in drive, similar to trying to back up into a parking spot.
- Feels a bit sluggish like I'm lightly tapping the gas, but the truck wont move.
- I have not noticed this in 2WD, so far.
2) When the truck is locked, and I'm trying to unlock it via the door button. I'm hearing a whining/grinding sound coming form under the truck.
I even heard this, when I didnt have the key with me. Just pushed the unlock button on the handles.
3) Got a Service: Side Detection System Alert (This could be related to maybe not having this enabled in my chip shortage impacted AT4?)
Sensor etc inst dirty, I cleaned both mirrors.
4) No Sport Mode (But I think this is due to chip shortage)

1: What make's it act like this in 4x4? Again apologize for the ignorance.

3: I have an appointment with the dealer for this already, but they stated if parts are needed I would have to leave the truck with them for 2-3 weeks with no loaners.

I've found in 4x4 a trucks seems to need more RPMs. Nothing scientific, just a feel. Also, the feel of the diffs locking and activating 4x4 is most noticable when turning the wheel.

I may be old school here (certainly old is operative here) but I have to ask : you’ve had a 4X4 befor, right ? Has no one ever mentioned that its really not a good idea to be in4X on pavement just tooling around; the diffs and ultimately the transfer case really aren’t made for that .
I really dont mean to be snarky but that’s what i have always been told.

I may be old school here (certainly old is operative here) but I have to ask : you’ve had a 4X4 befor, right ? Has no one ever mentioned that its really not a good idea to be in4X on pavement just tooling around; the diffs and ultimately the transfer case really aren’t made for that .
I really dont mean to be snarky but that’s what i have always been told.

No offense taken, I was just testing the 4x4 and forgot to flip it back. I'm just glad its normal for it to feel like that.

Ohh good; I have done basically the same in the Tacoma but at almost a full lock to the left. Talk about some REALLY scary noise from the front; never did it again.
Good lock on the other stuff
R

Hi Everyone. Received my new 2022 AT4 about a month ago and still getting used to everything. A couple questions that maybe someone knows.

1 When the engine is started, the wiper makes one pass if left on an intermittent setting, which is how the Rain Sense works. Funny since the Rain Sense is not even discussed in the manual. Anyway, all my other vehicles I can leave the Rain Sense on and this one wipe never happens. Any ideas?
2 With about 1,600 miles on it, there is no Sport Mode available. Ideas?
3 The Google Map display does not have a Satellite view. Apparently only Day and Nite are available. I am running in Night all the time since roads are much easier to see. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help before I stop by the dealer.
Jeff

Thanks for the answer Lasllc. The owners manual did not say anything about it not being available on the AT4, so I assumed it was. Thanks again.

My google map as well as apple map both will display a Sat view. Your aware that when running on CarPlay you can display either apple map or google map ? I’m assuming iPhone here. Android I don’t have clue

Hi Everyone. Received my new 2022 AT4 about a month ago and still getting used to everything. A couple questions that maybe someone knows.

1 When the engine is started, the wiper makes one pass if left on an intermittent setting, which is how the Rain Sense works. Funny since the Rain Sense is not even discussed in the manual. Anyway, all my other vehicles I can leave the Rain Sense on and this one wipe never happens. Any ideas?
2 With about 1,600 miles on it, there is no Sport Mode available. Ideas?
3 The Google Map display does not have a Satellite view. Apparently only Day and Nite are available. I am running in Night all the time since roads are much easier to see. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help before I stop by the dealer.
Jeff
HI Jeff:
My AT4 is 6 weeks old and running well so far. No"sport mode" as mentioned only "off road". It was eliminated in the new 2022 refreshed for whatever reason.

My rain sense wipers do not make the one swipe you have noticed on initial start.

My speed limit display in the white box disappeared after one month and coincidental with the first gm diagnostic notice and end of the included onstar data plan, so far I haven't called onstar to see what caused it, don't pay much attention to it.

Most reactions

Back