2024 2500 AT4 - Issues (1 month in review)

^^^ Funny thing is before I bought my AT4 I had a new F250 Lariat Ultimate Tremor on order..after 9 months I still had no build date, so I got fed up and bought the only other truck I liked (2024 GMC 2500 AT4 with technology package)…I drove a 2014 F250 lariat ultimate diesel for 10 years and only decided to upgrade when the rust started to show up under the paint..got out while the getting was good. lol.

I Miss my Cummins. But not the issues with that covid truck. I actually traded it in on a TRX and I had to go to the dealer for something (paperwork) on a sat morning and they took my TRX to detail it while I was there and it came back looking like someone used red scotchbrite on it and destroyed the paint on the entire truck. It was so bad they took the truck back ordered me a new one and still had my truck on the lot….. gave it back to me and magically had the recalls for the CP4 done that I had been waiting 9 months for…. And I did love the TRX but 7 mpg was killing me with my lead foot. I had a 867 hp hellcat b4 that so I was aware but dang…… It was super nice. By the time the one they ordered me came in it was I wanna say a 15k diff in price I was like its nice not that nice. Oh….. and I will NEVER own a black truck again.

Attachments

• IMG_9969.jpeg
    IMG_9969.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5068.jpeg
    IMG_5068.jpeg
    348.3 KB · Views: 34
Nothing wrong with black; that's my favourite color and both my benz and the truck are black. Sure they take some effort to keep them sparkling shiny but thats ok.
View attachment 7050
Yup had the TRX for 3 weeks it was a nightmare but damn do they look good when they are clean my last 3 dodge 2500s my hellcat, 392, charger SRT, jeep trackhawk and now the AT4 have all been white. I will say I loved my M2 it was blue and it was beautiful, I have a hellcat powered C10 I am painting the new Chevy blue and I am pretty excited about it. My AT4 2500 on order is also white. Lol it’s to hard to keep black clean here.

Yup had the TRX for 3 weeks it was a nightmare but damn do they look good when they are clean my last 3 dodge 2500s my hellcat, 392, charger SRT, jeep trackhawk and now the AT4 have all been white. I will say I loved my M2 it was blue and it was beautiful, I have a hellcat powered C10 I am painting the new Chevy blue and I am pretty excited about it. My AT4 2500 on order is also white. Lol it’s to hard to keep black clean here.

Hell, it's hard to keep black clean on the showroom!

Don't even ask; it was from Buick GMC Beaverton 300 miles from me, sadly the only dealership that had one coming.
Well…. I had a AT4 2500 Duramax on order way before i got this 1500….. Went up with my brother to pick up his new Chev…. And my new truck and this is how it was delivered. So my new order is in there right now… just on the fence If I really want a diesel again…. So sick of emissions crap and this little 1/2ton tows pretty good my trailer is only like 8k maxed out but definitely need the diesel on the long highway runs not to mention I was trying to get away from paying over gas price for diesel then I open the tank on the 6.2 and it needs premium I was like ……. I played myself lol. Don’t listen to dealers I was like doesn’t the 6.2 need premium? They were like no… we never use it.

Attachments

• IMG_3318.jpeg
    IMG_3318.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3319.jpeg
    IMG_3319.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3317.jpeg
    IMG_3317.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 41
I just drove mine home 400 miles. I literally found nothing in this post to be true in my experience though I could see how the column shifter could be an annoyance.

One issue did occur, I lost all sound. Chimes, blinkers, stereo, iphone etc. Got home and did a simple reset and boom fixed.
2024 3500 AT4
The sound loss happened a lot to me. It felt like nearly everytime I used the remote start, no sound. I think GM did an update because it occurs far less now. Overall, the truck is awesome. Somebody mentioned going 90 felt like 50; I agree. It is very smooth, doesn't matter if I am pulling or not. I love that. I am pissed about the navigation and voice control disappearing unless I pay for a subscription. That is just wrong, especially since the entire goal is hands free and safety. I use navigation a lot. That is just basic common courtesy in a vehicle of this value. I did read somewhere they are potentially removing this requirement for a subscription beginning in 25'. So, I'm hopeful this will be an update for us as well and soon!

Last edited:
I appreciate the reminder on that. I was using that and it disconnects every time you turn the vehicle off and then it's glitchy for a minute. It's a slight pain in the butt, but it's better than nothing. Thanks for the reminder.

Regarding the seats in this truck; I had a 1500 AT4 and if I had an hour drive, I was ready to kick the windshield out. They were not comfortable. I swear the seats in the 3500 are better. I seem content and cozy the entire trip.

If anyone has any input/ solution for the infotainment system going mute, I would appreciate it. The frequency is far less now, but it still happens. I don't know what I am doing wrong. This doesn't happen while I am driving, it only happens at start up.

When your truck is at home see if it will see your home Wi-Fi..if it does connect to it. Then go into your navigation settings and download offline maps of your area. By doing this your speed sign indicator and your navigation will work without a data connection.

It works if I enter the address in manually. As soon as I hit the voice button, the data plan warning pops up. Is that the way you understand it or is there something else I need to do? I think the voice doesn't work without a plan or wifi Hotspot.

Yes you need data to use the google voice command…I’m saying unless you download offline maps you’ll need data to even have navigation maps. If you download offline maps you will have navigation (not google voice command) and not need data to have maps. Anytime you use “hey google” you’ll need data. That’s when you hotspot your phone to your truck (now you have data). There really is no need for on star data plans.

Most reactions

Back