2023 Ordering Experience

Got an email from GMC and a call from Dealership yesterday that truck is slated for production and start date of 12/19

Hello everyone. Hope that's politically correct enough. I ordered a 2022 AT4 Duramax in February of 22. Locked in a great price below MSRP. The truck is still waiting on a chip. Called the dealer and was told they aren't getting the at4's ordered with the 6.2 for some reason. I said good thing I ordered the 3.0. Crap she said. Found out dec 3 the truck was ordered wrong. So it is a great dealer and they ordered the correct AT4 with duramax at the agreed price of the 22. So my journey starts again. Hopefully with them ordering mine next I won't have to wait another year. If all goes as planned I will say what dealer this is. Besides the miss order they have been great.

NEW MEMBER HERE…looking forward to sharing thoughts, I have a lot of questions as this is my first diesel truck.

Order Date: 11/21/22
White 1500 AT4, 3.0L Diesel (LZ0)
ETA: 9 months”ish” (August 2023)

Update #1 on 12/2/22: “Your vehicle is in production and will arrive in 4-6 months”

Update #2 via mailed letter on 12/4/22: GMC is electing not to finance me but did not even conduct a credit check (my credit score is excellent).

Update #3 via call from sales rep. on 12/6/22: The Sierra will be delivered to the dealership in late Feb/early March for pick up.

Awesome update today. My AT4 has been produced and released to the carrier. Spoke with my dealer and he said it will be delivered as soon as they have a full load. They are so close to Fort Wayne that they just truck them directly to their dealership. That is good news that a rail strike if it happens, won't affect my delivery. Now I need to sell my 2016 Impala LTZ...View attachment 2293
I am on the plane to go pick up my AT4, it arrived at the dealer on 12/5 or 6! Luckily my body color flares also came in and the only thing I'm missing is the steering column lock. I'll post a final update later with pictures.

Ordered a 2022 in June but the order was never picked up and was transitioned to a 2023

Crew cab short bed
3.0 LZ0
Glacier Blue / Dynamic Blue
Premium package
Tech package

TPW of 9/26

Currently sitting at 3800 status on 10/12

Looks like it was built at the Fort Wayne Plant.
Order is at 4200 status as of 9 December. Estimated delivery date of 28 December.

Contributing.

23 Sierra AT4
Short box
Onyx Black
6.2L
Premium package
Tech package

Dealer submitted 10/31 and was told roughly 8 months give or take, which isn't giving me much confidence on their allocations.
Update: 11/30 I checked my order status and was told my order was accepted by GM. Asked about an event code and was told 2030.
Today, 12/9 dealer called and told me my order was accepted and had a TPW of 1/16. He said from there expect about 6-8 weeks. Wasn't even expecting this thing until June so if that's the case I'll be very pleased.

I am on the plane to go pick up my AT4, it arrived at the dealer on 12/5 or 6! Luckily my body color flares also came in and the only thing I'm missing is the steering column lock. I'll post a final update later with pictures.
I'm very happy, this is a sweet ride. What a huge difference when you go from a 2003 to a 2023, 5.3 to 3.0 L Duramax. I'm loving the torque!
Good luck to the rest of you getting yours.

Attachments

• 20221209_212806.jpg
    20221209_212806.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 60
Just received an update, my truck will be built this week. Great to finally see some progress!

Things are moving along. GM accepted the order minus the running boards. I have a TPW of 12/12.
Just received an email today. My truck has been produced and is awaiting shipping. Still haven't had confirmation on which plant built my truck. Hopefully I'll see it in early '23.

3.0 LZ0
Glacier Blue / Dynamic Blue
Premium package
Tech package

TPW of 9/26

Currently sitting at 3800 status on 10/12

Looks like it was built at the Fort Wayne Plant.
Order is at 4200 status as of 9 December. Estimated delivery date of 28 December.
Now at 4800 status as of 20 December! Just waiting on a truck to take it from the rail yard in SC up to NC. Maybe we’ll actually hit the delivery date next week!

Truck was built and is on the train. Dealer said it has a system delivery date of 1/1/23...time will tell.
That’s good news!

Mine was built 10/6 and still has no delivery ETA, just sitting in Indiana. Spoke with GMC chat today and all they did was give me generic answers. They were useless.

Most reactions

Back