2022 Sierra 1500 AT4 adding a second set of rims with GM style TPMS sensors

Andystoy AT4

Reaction score
I installed a like new set of GMC rims with TPMS but can't seem to get the truck to recognize the sensor even after using a cheap relearn tool

Do these new rims with sensors have to be activated by GM or is there a tool like the AUTEL TS508 TPMS PROGRAMMING TOOL WITH OBDII that can do this at home?:unsure:

The factory TPMS on the refreshed AT4 are different from aftermarket ones or even previous year models. I had the hardest time at Discount Tire to sync with their GM sensors when I switched to new tires/wheels, and eventually broke down and purchased OEM ones from dealer for $40/each

Apparently the refreshed AT4 are difficult to use new/different sensors and/or the software on the programmers are just not updated yet to sync properly. Best of luck with fixing!

I put the original rims and tires back on and was unsuccessful with the TS 508 tool so operator error or tool not working correctly.

I tried my new VXDAS EL-50448 TPMS reset tool this morning and the relearn worked the first time with the original rims and tires.(y)

I will have to try the VXDAS next spring and see if the sensors in the other rims are recognized by the ECM during relearn.:unsure:

Most reactions

Back