2022 Refresh Order Experience

Well I have received a customercare@ email once a week since May 10th. Mostly they were from OnStar or GMC. Twice they were from Chevrolet.com including today and today's message said something new for once. It said that my truck is

"Your vehicle is in transit from Mexico to Wentzville, Missouri. From this point, your dealer is in the best position to provide estimated delivery times. Thank you for your patience."

They are thanking me for my patience. That's awfully nice. But since the truck was built end of May it would be nicer if they thanked me with the 0% financing offer they had going for the months before that and the few months after.

Anyway still not getting the hopes up because it could be an error or maybe shipping turns into a multi month process.

I suppose I need to contact my dealer sales guy. Been months since I reached out. I was about to ask if at this point they would refund my deposit if I asked since it's been over 10 months since I put in the order. My wandering eye was even going to start looking at Ram 2500s.

Wonder if my order was getting lonely there in MX. I can't imagine there were a whole lot of vehicles still sitting in that lot.

Well I have received a customercare@ email once a week since May 10th. Mostly they were from OnStar or GMC. Twice they were from Chevrolet.com including today and today's message said something new for once. It said that my truck is

"Your vehicle is in transit from Mexico to Wentzville, Missouri. From this point, your dealer is in the best position to provide estimated delivery times. Thank you for your patience."

They are thanking me for my patience. That's awfully nice. But since the truck was built end of May it would be nicer if they thanked me with the 0% financing offer they had going for the months before that and the few months after.

Anyway still not getting the hopes up because it could be an error or maybe shipping turns into a multi month process.

I suppose I need to contact my dealer sales guy. Been months since I reached out. I was about to ask if at this point they would refund my deposit if I asked since it's been over 10 months since I put in the order. My wandering eye was even going to start looking at Ram 2500s.

Wonder if my order was getting lonely there in MX. I can't imagine there were a whole lot of vehicles still sitting in that lot.
It wasnt lonely chief. My AT4 was loaded onto a railcar 12/23/22. Also built end of may. ETA was 1/7/23 but the sales manager at my dealer says most likely the week after that. My sales guy said “they are going to take care of me” yea we will see

Dealer says my ETA is 1/31. I'll be traveling that week tentatively so if I could some how make it work that instead of flying all the way back to CA I stop in STL on the way back and just drive the truck home that would be a nice turn of events. Save me another flight and maybe $800.

Wow. New member here, however not new to the waiting I just finished reading about in the last few pages. I ordered my AT4 in February last year. Built in June, invoiced in September and been sitting since. Like many have said, my dealer is frustrated and I'm losing patience. Nobody can seem to tell me a damn thing! Is there anyone, besides that chat, to reach out to?

Not much happens if you file a complaint with GM. I have had a case manager for 4 months and the couple of times I have talked to her she has no knowledge of what is happening to my truck and hates it when I ask questions. Otherwise I get the same weekly email that says nothing. Ordered in March. Built in June. Sitting in Mexico since. 2 weeks ago my dealer said it would ship out of Mexico in a week but it is still there. I originally bought at MSRP but I better get a good dealer or I am not taking it. I see several dealers selling 22 Sierras 6K under Msrp and a few dealers selling 23's heavily discounted.

Mine is list on Laura's website at $3500 off right now and I am locked into a price lower than current MSRP anyway. They told me months ago the longer it takes they just keep adding in the incentives so I'll get it for at least $4K less than what I ordered it for. And the price has gone up about $6K since I ordered so that's not too terrible I suppose.

I have looked at some 2023 3.0 AT4s on Laura's website. Typically 3-4 K under MSRP. I didn't realize some are pre-sold. I noticed that many of Laura's don't have the Tech Pkg. but they have added the carbon pro to keep the price up. My ordered 2022 had an original sticker of 66.8 which is probably over 70 now. I am hoping to get a few thousand below my 66.8 . Since I am price protected their invoice must also be price protected if I buy the vehicle.

Hey Guys it’s me again. Just wondering if anybody else out there still waiting on a 2022 AT4 ? This has turned into the most absurd thing I’ve ever been a part of. And still no end in site. I’m going on 54 weeks of waiting for this truck. Ordered in January if 2022. It’s been parked in Indiana since May. They are still telling us it’s missing parts. No way for me or the dealer to confirm what parts are missing. They have given us no explanation as to why it’s still missing parts after 8 months of coming off the assembly line. And they have parts to ship thousands of trucks exactly like mine. Even to this day I could reorder another truck and have it here in 4 months. It’s so ridiculous but I refuse to pay $10k more for the same vehicle. Infuriating.

Hey Guys it’s me again. Just wondering if anybody else out there still waiting on a 2022 AT4 ? This has turned into the most absurd thing I’ve ever been a part of. And still no end in site. I’m going on 54 weeks of waiting for this truck. Ordered in January if 2022. It’s been parked in Indiana since May. They are still telling us it’s missing parts. No way for me or the dealer to confirm what parts are missing. They have given us no explanation as to why it’s still missing parts after 8 months of coming off the assembly line. And they have parts to ship thousands of trucks exactly like mine. Even to this day I could reorder another truck and have it here in 4 months. It’s so ridiculous but I refuse to pay $10k more for the same vehicle. Infuriating.
Sorry to hear that, I ordered at the end of April and just took delivery today. Built end of May just like most. Didnt get any kind of discount except $900 off and some all weather floor mats and wheel locks. Got 2.9% financing for 60 months and no payment for 90 days. Hope your not waiting too much longer. Going to get a Ravelco anti theft system installed on Sunday for peace of mind.

My 2022 GMC AT4X time line…

Tustin GMC, Tom Barnes - Sales Manager

Placed a $100.00 deposit on: 10-29-21
Order Date by Tustin GMC: 5-5-22
Scheduled for Production (Mexico): 7-5-22
Picked up for Production (Mexico): 7-11-22
Build Complete at Holding Facility (Mexico): 8-4-22
Shipped via Rail: 8-11-22
At Holding Facility: 8-29-22
TENTATIVE Delivery date: 9-22-22

ARRIVED at Tustin GMC: 10-1-22

Throughout this timeline, I maintained a positive attitude.

GMC honored the MSRP, (at the time of my order date) paid Tustin GMC the difference, of my 10-21-21 ordered MSRP, and the 10-1-22 listed sticker MSRP. (A significant savings)

On 10-7-22; Tustin GMC treated me fairly and sold the 2022 GMC 1500 AT4X WITHOUT ANY dealer markups.

Well my guy says my order showed up today. I'll be sorting things out tomorrow and hopefully flying out next weekend to pick it up and drive it home. When he finally saw it had shipped from MX the ETA was 1/31/23.

Ordered March-built June-dealer says soon but no definition of soon- said they will give considerable discount below MSRP

Lumpy thats great new on your truck, please post what you find when you pick it up.

Mine is still in Mexico
Ordered March 2022, $300 over invoice price lock at $59,600. Deposited $1000. with dealer
Built June 3 2022 with vin#
Parked in Mexico for the past 7 months.
No up dates on GM computer system since September
I dont think it will ever leave Mexico.

Lumpy thats great new on your truck, please post what you find when you pick it up.

Mine is still in Mexico
Ordered March 2022, $300 over invoice price lock at $59,600. Deposited $1000. with dealer
Built June 3 2022 with vin#
Parked in Mexico for the past 7 months.
No up dates on GM computer system since September
I dont think it will ever leave Mexico.
They are trickling out but I suppose eventually they will get them all shipped. Would love to know how many are still sitting waiting. Like are they 90% done pushing them out or only 30%.

Hopefully the park assist and anything else that it was supposed to have retrofitted later will be done before I get it.

That’s infuriating. I know how frustrated I was when mine finally showed up in Nov. Honeslly at this point if I were you I’d just start shopping 23s. They’re showing up with discounts places. Probably still a little more than what you’re locked into but the resale value would offset that. Good luck man.

Most reactions

Back