2022 Refresh Order Experience

Congrats on the truck. Almost exactly like my story. Mine is sitting in Fort Wayne still. Hasn’t moved an inch since it was parked in May. Computer still shows it’s missing parts. But the dealer was invoiced for it 3 months ago and at some point I was told they couldn’t send an invoice until the truck was complete. Nobody can seem to verify. GMC has been telling me it’s bayed and ready to ship for 5 months now. Dealer says different. Still sitting in the same overflow lot. Since then I’ve probably seen 100+ AT4s ship to my dealer. All ordered well after mine. God this is frustrating. Glad you are finally close to the end of this road. I’m like you. I just want it to be over. Stopped being excited about it a long long time ago. Don’t want to think about it again and I will never buy another truck from GMC after this. I wouldn’t buy this one if I had any better options. Dont really like any other trucks but more importantly they are all $10k more now. Buy used over market or keep waiting on this.
Oh yeah, my excitement comes from finally being done with all of it. I lost my excitement for the new truck after about the 8th time gm chat told me it had shipped. I hope you and everyone else that’s been waiting, get it very soon!

Folks, reading these stories make me sick. What de hell GM???
Remember the good ole days when we ordered a truck and got it 6 to 8 WEEKS- and thought that was a long time

Last edited:
I reserved my order for an AT4X last November, placed my order in January, the truck was built in June and has been sitting in Mexico ever since. I contacted GMC corporate, a liaison from the GMC is trying to help me get my order escalated for shipment. My Dealer price protected the vehicle but will not respond to me when I ask him if our deal (trade for 2019 AT4) is still good. I think he is hoping I just give up and ask for my deposit back. He guaranteed me $54,500 and the vehicle now has 37,000 miles on it. I just wish GM would prioritize all older sold orders before the newer 2023 orders. As for my dealer, a deal is a deal. I think I will still come out ahead receiving a new one year old vehicle.

Same boat as you all. Built end of May sitting in MX since waiting for chips. But of course those are being used to build 2023s. To get a 23 I think it will be about $7K more. The wait has made it so I can't get 0% financing either which depending how much I put down will run me a few extra grand in finance charges. So I get what GM is doing. It's dirty but I get it. I wish I liked any other trucks out there but the only ones I am interested in are GM 2500s and the F250. They all cost more yet.

I don't need the truck so I am waiting. If they should ever ship it I'll decide if it is worth it at that time. By then the dealer will likely have it discounted down a couple thousand dollars so it will be tempting.

Saw the comment about hail damage. That was something I have been wondering about this whole time having seen it do a number on a car lot full of vehicles before.

My truck has started to move!! Lundy, check with your dealer, your truck is probably moving as well!

The stories keep coming. Now they say my truck has been given a "priority" bay in Mexico. Looking for a volcanic red 23 but is a new 23 at 71K better than a 22 at 67.5K?

The stories keep coming. Now they say my truck has been given a "priority" bay in Mexico. Looking for a volcanic red 23 but is a new 23 at 71K better than a 22 at 67.5K?
Also keep getting the run around. Last update from my salesman was that it was supposed to be here yesterday. Contacted him yesterday and he said by next week Friday. The resolution team which is a joke gave me an ETA of January 7. What a nightmare.

My nightmare finally came to an end this morning. Went to the dealership and signed all the paperwork. Almost a year after reserving it! Of course it wasn't eligible for the 1.9% financing that is available for 2022 crew cabs.

Last edited:
My nightmare finally came to an end this morning. Went to the dealership and signed all the paperwork. Almost a year after reserving it! Of course it wasn't eligible for the 1.99% financing that is available for 2022 crew cabs.
Yep. Same issue. Well congratulations. Share pictures. Good Xmas gift

My nightmare finally came to an end this morning. Went to the dealership and signed all the paperwork. Almost a year after reserving it! Of course it wasn't eligible for the 1.99% financing that is available for 2022 crew cabs.
What were the terms for the 1.99% financing? Ordered a 2022 AT4 and was hoping to get that.

I was told purchases through the fleet or Caps programs are not eligible for the 1.9%
financing.

Last edited:
I’m 2 weeks away from a full year of waiting for my 22 Sierra AT4. It was built in May and hasn’t been touched in 7 months. Still sitting in the overflow lot they parked it in 7 months ago. It was ordered January 14th I believe. So lovely to see the 1.9% financing they are offering to try and get rid of “old model” sierras. It ends on the 2nd. Sure wish I had a vehicle to take advantage of it. I literally pre ordered this truck the first day they offered it back in 2021. So far there is still no end in site. And from I can gather gmc is not doing a THING to try to make this right for people in my situation. These are all trucks that were ordered early in the process. If you ordered your truck in June or later you most likely have it by now. 2023 models shipping in 3-4 months. Meanwhile they are making other people wait a year or more and doing nothing with depreciation of the vehicle. GMC sucks.

I’m 2 weeks away from a full year of waiting for my 22 Sierra AT4. It was built in May and hasn’t been touched in 7 months. Still sitting in the overflow lot they parked it in 7 months ago. It was ordered January 14th I believe. So lovely to see the 1.9% financing they are offering to try and get rid of “old model” sierras. It ends on the 2nd. Sure wish I had a vehicle to take advantage of it. I literally pre ordered this truck the first day they offered it back in 2021. So far there is still no end in site. And from I can gather gmc is not doing a THING to try to make this right for people in my situation. These are all trucks that were ordered early in the process. If you ordered your truck in June or later you most likely have it by now. 2023 models shipping in 3-4 months. Meanwhile they are making other people wait a year or more and doing nothing with depreciation of the vehicle. GMC sucks.
My story is so similar to yours. I have reached out to GMC corporate (Sr. VP) and they say they escalated my order but I have not heard a thing. My dealership GM rep is non-responsive and has my dealer frustrated. If I could bring myself to buy a Ford or Ram I would but I just can’t do it. My wife walked away from GM and now drives Acura’s and could not be more happy, especially how they treat her at the dealership. Maybe I just need to go and drive a different brand of truck and move on from GM…

My story is so similar to yours. I have reached out to GMC corporate (Sr. VP) and they say they escalated my order but I have not heard a thing. My dealership GM rep is non-responsive and has my dealer frustrated. If I could bring myself to buy a Ford or Ram I would but I just can’t do it. My wife walked away from GM and now drives Acura’s and could not be more happy, especially how they treat her at the dealership. Maybe I just need to go and drive a different brand of truck and move on from GM…
I’ve thought the same thing a million times during this nightmare. Unfortunately similar trucks to what I ordered are well into the $70k+ range and I just can’t get myself to do it on a 1/2 ton pickup. Not to mention I not really a fan of any other trucks. But I’m also not a fan of gmc at the moment. I have a tundra with high miles that runs fine. When/if this truck ever does show up I might go ballistic when I show up at the dealership. If they don’t drop the price and offer the lowest financing I will just walk away. This would have been our 5th gmc. If they don’t make it right we will just never buy another GM product for as long as I’m on the planet. My father in law has worked for the dealer for 20+ years and even he agrees with me. It’s just ridiculous how they are treating customers. Complete lack of ANY information to the consumer. I was so excited when I ordered this truck. And now a year later I can honestly say I am MORE than happy to walk away if the deal isn’t fair for what they put me through. Trust me…I know there is a line of people willing to buy it if I walk. I’m fine with that. And I’m not expecting gmc to do a damn thing either. It’s kind of a good feeling to be so pissed you don’t care anymore.

Most reactions

Back