2022 Refresh Order Experience

So at this point I assume GMC doesn't want to finish the trucks sitting waiting for chips because many of them have price protections that will cost them several thousand $ each. I was searching last night and there were already some 2023s sitting around that are pretty much what I ordered but with extra stuff I don't want like paid subscription to OnStar, Sun Roof, 20" wheels. They have all the chips that would have been needed for my truck to be finished but they cost like $7K more than my order.

So it's a waiting game I guess. How long can I wait before I say fuck it and they finish the truck and upgrade the price to sell to someone else.
Facts that I've been given: The dealerships have been delivering trucks for the past 12-or-so months that have had the drivability chips, but are missing chips that operate basic components. Like heated & ventilated seats, parking sensors, side blind zone alert, etc. Mine and My Dad's trucks were ordered April 22nd, built June 2nd, and made "Available to Ship" on September 10th. But they were labeled as, and are still labeled as, "Vehicle on Hold - Missing Parts" since June 8th. So even though the trucks are "Available to Ship", they will not ship until that drivability chip is installed. A few weeks ago, the dealership called to tell me the manifest shows that our chips were available, but that it didn't mean the chip would be installed right away. The dealerships have been selling these trucks for several months now with inoperable features. Trucks that come with heated & cooled seats, parking sensors, side blind zone alerts, etc.; all have those features not working. They have also been delivering trucks that are missing hood insulators.

My opinion: The manufacturer is trying to make sure that the Sold Retail trucks have all of those features working before they are delivered. I would need to confirm that with any Sold Retail ordered vehicle owners that have already received their trucks though.

So at this point I assume GMC doesn't want to finish the trucks sitting waiting for chips because many of them have price protections that will cost them several thousand $ each. I was searching last night and there were already some 2023s sitting around that are pretty much what I ordered but with extra stuff I don't want like paid subscription to OnStar, Sun Roof, 20" wheels. They have all the chips that would have been needed for my truck to be finished but they cost like $7K more than my order.

So it's a waiting game I guess. How long can I wait before I say fuck it and they finish the truck and upgrade the price to sell to someone else.
Exactly!!!
It's BS that they are churning out 2023's while they have 2022's that have been sitting stagnant since June.

Just picked up a 2022 that hit the lot in San Antonio. Pretty much the same build down to the color I had on order. Slight differences but I can deal. I got lucky with the price as there were no mark ups from GM or the dealer. That's why I jumped on it. Lost a couple thousand dollars on the depreciation on my trade in from April till now.

So I think we were in the same boat with similar build dates. According to the executor email resolution team my truck got its chip on Sept 15th and it still hasn’t shipped. I basically told them to keep it at this point. In a couple months I’ll find a 23 that will have some rebates on it. There have been quite a few truck locally that have been sitting on dealer lots for weeks now so the rebates will be coming back.

Dealer told me the trucks with the safety plus package and premium package(which includes safety plus) are the ones often delayed. Apparently the Safety Plus takes many chips. And the wait goes on....

Did GM remove the Safety Plus Package features from the 23s? I noticed that the Premium Package on the 23s doesn't have the same features or price as the 22s.

Did GM remove the Safety Plus Package features from the 23s? I noticed that the Premium Package on the 23s doesn't have the same features or price as the 22s.
After doing a build on the GMC site, it looks like the Safety Plus features are standard now and not part of a package. You have to review the build summary.

I just canceled my at4 that I ordered back in April that was supposedly finished and sitting God knows where. The dealer refunded my $1k deposit. I love GM but this has been ridiculous. My 2022 is nowhere to be found and 2023 are selling. Imo the car market is gonna self destruct soon so I'll just wait for all the trucks that are sitting somewhere to be delivered and then I'll get a discount. If not then oh well I'll just go buy something else.

I think I’m finally giving up today. So sad I’ve wasted so much time and energy trying to give my business to somebody. The lack of information is just irritating and I don’t want to give them my money to be honest. Like many of you I pre ordered in October 2021. 1/14/22 order date. Truck was build end of April. Been sitting in Indiana ever since. In June they told me it was shipping. Then in July they said Nevermind it’s on missing parts status. At the end of August they said they finally got invoiced for the truck and a gps tracker was added to the vehicle. And it should be shipping any day now and we should have it in a month. Now it’s November. My truck is still sitting in the same lot in Fort Wayne it’s been at since May. Got a call this morning saying they THINK my truck still might be missing parts. Because it hasn’t been moved from the overflow lot. They are hoping they might have it by the end of the year but no promises. Meanwhile GMC has been saying it’s bayed and ready to ship since September. Talk to 5 people and get 5 different answers. And to top it all off I see they are already shipping 2023 to dealerships which is absolutely unbelievable to me. My personal opinion is they continued to churn out all these trucks and buried the ones that have been there the longest. And they are shipping the ones that are easiest to get to. I know it sounds stupid but I don’t know what else makes sense. People that placed orders in June and July are already driving vehicles but yet I’m still waiting with no end in sight. It’s either that or they are holding the vehicles with the most price protection in hopes people will back out. Either wouldn’t surprise me. There is just no rhyme or reason to any of it. Really wanted this truck. But I’m so sick and tired of being on a week by week cycle. I would 100% wish they would have told me 1 year lead time when I ordered it. But they didn’t. They told me 4-5 months. In June I asked about ordering another one and they told me 4-6 months. In August I asked about ordering a 2023 model and guess what…4-6 months. Maybe? It’s either 4-6 months or 12-16 months. Depending on how lucky you get. I’m over it.

I think I’m finally giving up today. So sad I’ve wasted so much time and energy trying to give my business to somebody. The lack of information is just irritating and I don’t want to give them my money to be honest. Like many of you I pre ordered in October 2021. 1/14/22 order date. Truck was build end of April. Been sitting in Indiana ever since. In June they told me it was shipping. Then in July they said Nevermind it’s on missing parts status. At the end of August they said they finally got invoiced for the truck and a gps tracker was added to the vehicle. And it should be shipping any day now and we should have it in a month. Now it’s November. My truck is still sitting in the same lot in Fort Wayne it’s been at since May. Got a call this morning saying they THINK my truck still might be missing parts. Because it hasn’t been moved from the overflow lot. They are hoping they might have it by the end of the year but no promises. Meanwhile GMC has been saying it’s bayed and ready to ship since September. Talk to 5 people and get 5 different answers. And to top it all off I see they are already shipping 2023 to dealerships which is absolutely unbelievable to me. My personal opinion is they continued to churn out all these trucks and buried the ones that have been there the longest. And they are shipping the ones that are easiest to get to. I know it sounds stupid but I don’t know what else makes sense. People that placed orders in June and July are already driving vehicles but yet I’m still waiting with no end in sight. It’s either that or they are holding the vehicles with the most price protection in hopes people will back out. Either wouldn’t surprise me. There is just no rhyme or reason to any of it. Really wanted this truck. But I’m so sick and tired of being on a week by week cycle. I would 100% wish they would have told me 1 year lead time when I ordered it. But they didn’t. They told me 4-5 months. In June I asked about ordering another one and they told me 4-6 months. In August I asked about ordering a 2023 model and guess what…4-6 months. Maybe? It’s either 4-6 months or 12-16 months. Depending on how lucky you get. I’m over it.
This will never be fixed as long as people keep giving them money despite have a horrible business model!

This will never be fixed as long as people keep giving them money despite have a horrible business model!
I agree whole heartedly. It’s hard to walk away from $9000. That’s what it would cost me to order the exact same truck now versus when I ordered it. But I agree…I’ve had enough. Something needs to change.

I had an ultimate on order for a year. Got my deposit back and ironically my wife found an AT4 fully loaded and nothing missing., as it was getting delivered. Timing is everything but these stories, of people waiting forever are BS and GM needs to step up for their reputation and to keep loyal customers. we all get it, Price of everything is up. Eggs 33% YoY so we all will be paying more. They just need to keep the dealers in line. They are making plenty of margin on trucks. Older story but worth a read. https://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/08/gm-banks-17000-profit-per-pickup-on-average/amp/

Received an email from GM Monday that my truck had been built even though it was actually built in June. I am holding on since my wife wants Cayenne Red and the new Volcanic red is not yet available on the 23. I see the November GMC incentive is $2500 if you currently own a GMC or Buick which won't work for me.

And now the financing has gone to 4.69%. so much for the good price I had. Didn't want to pay cash but might just have to at this point. I firmly believe they are holding back the trucks that have the most price protection. If they deliver the truck to me that I ordered they lose over $4K. At this point they have already upset me. Ordered in February told 3-4 months. Wish I didn't want the standard bed. I could have found a short bed with everything I wanted 100x already. I feel like I should just keep waiting until this whole shit show implodes and then swoop in with cash and buy at a discount. Just don't know how long that's going to be. My fault for taking about 4 years to find a truck I even wanted.

We’ll my truck was finally loaded onto the train on Oct 19th. They gave me an ETA of Nov 10th. Today the Exec resolution team updated me that the ETA is now the 14th even though it’s reached the distribution yard that is 45 minutes away. So two more weeks for it to go about 50 miles. Even getting what should be good news at this point Is frustrating.

We’ll my truck was finally loaded onto the train on Oct 19th. They gave me an ETA of Nov 10th. Today the Exec resolution team updated me that the ETA is now the 14th even though it’s reached the distribution yard that is 45 minutes away. So two more weeks for it to go about 50 miles. Even getting what should be good news at this point Is frustrating.
You are giving me hope by association.

Back