2022 Refresh Order Experience

Said screw it started looking around for either at4 or AT4X. The markups on the AT4X is absurd!! 15k minimum. Found an at4 160 miles away last night called the dealer talked to my wife once she got home called in the morning to pull the trigger. SOLD this morning ! This has been the worst process for me ever. And when I do finally find a truck it’ll be a year old!

Have any any you recently received a truck built in Mexico? From monitoring other forums including Trail Boss forums it seems only FT Wayne builds are being delivered.
mine is in transit from Mexico finally after a 5/16 build date. Left there on 8/26. No ETA on when it will actually arrive though.

For those with the same build week as me or around 5/30, I received a call from the executive resolution team with an update. They are still waiting on a chip. I figured that was done and they were just behind in shipping but nope. So truck built after our are getting delivered. 12 weeks sitting waiting on a chip is ridiculous. My guess is they aren’t coming anytime soon. She also told me it’s the chip that controls all the trucks settings from the from the screen so it’s not even like it can be retrofitted.
How do you get ahold of the executive resolution team?

[email protected]
Just send an email that you are concerned about GMs delays. They will have someone call you once a week to give you an update. It will be the same info you get from the dealer or GM chat. Their scripted response is there is a global chip shortage. Ask questions. They try to spend as little time with you as possible. I irritated one last week saying I am tired of the scripted response and would like more detailed information. She snapped back that we don't have scripted responses. I told her I realize she is only the messenger.

[email protected]
Just send an email that you are concerned about GMs delays. They will have someone call you once a week to give you an update. It will be the same info you get from the dealer or GM chat. Their scripted response is there is a global chip shortage. Ask questions. They try to spend as little time with you as possible. I irritated one last week saying I am tired of the scripted response and would like more detailed information. She snapped back that we don't have scripted responses. I told her I realize she is only the messenger.
Just sent an email! We shall see.

Went the email route and got put on an exec referral program. Got an email with my order # saying request to expedite has been confirmed. They sent me the wrong order # at first and I responded letting them know. They responded a short time later with the correct order#, so far....not promising.

As I head into week 14 of my truck being built but sitting in OH I’m 99% sure the only goal of the resolution team is to temporarily make you feel like there is a chance.

As I head into week 14 of my truck being built but sitting in OH I’m 99% sure the only goal of the resolution team is to temporarily make you feel like there is a chance.
It's highly likely!

350.png

Well it's late but I can stop thinking about work so thought I would throw out a few tid bits for you all. I ordered my second truck from Laura. In speaking with them periodically I was told to get the same truck as a 2023 would only be $2K difference because they were running a discount on 2023 orders but that I would be at the back of the line again and it wouldn't speed things up. He told me they will complete the WIP vehicles before they ship 2023 models with the parts that are needed for the WIP 2022s. While that sounds like what should be done I don't actually think GM will do this at least across the board. So $2K isn't bad considering there have been 4 or 5 price hikes since I locked in my price. Was hoping for 300/500 on the LZ0 and it hit just about that so I was considering it but at this point I don't want to risk waiting another 8-10 months.

Anyway the other thing about the order coming as late as it is going to is that they will give me any of the GM and in house discounts they are offering at the time for the transaction. Because the truck will be nearly a year old I may get a drop in the price. They have been selling SLTs for $1,500 off for a while now. And if you know how they historically operated prior to the supply shortage they used to sell most Sierras for $5K-$12K off MSRP. So my hope is that by the time it is ready for pickup I can combine a few offers to take the price down maybe $2-$3k and it will take the sting out of buying an obsolete power train in a year old truck.

My AT4 has been built and sitting in Mexico since March. Reserved 10/21/21 Ordered 1/28/22, Built 3/30/22. Beyond Frustrating…

Can anyone tell me how long it was for your truck to get to the dealer after you revived the “get your parking spot ready your truck is at our distribution center” email?

Who did you receive that email from? Gmc or the dealer?
That’s good news for you. They told me there wouldn’t be any more updates and all updates must come from the dealer. Once again Gmc is sending mixed messages
They need a communication course for sure!!! It’s a hot mess this ordering process. The dealer never had any info (he sent me screenshot proofs) and the GMC chat always said the dealer has the info

Most reactions

Back