2022 Refresh Order Experience

I ordered my refreshed early January and received the end of June. During that time there were a couple of increases that I had to pay for. The dealer said there was no getting around it even though I had a sold order and put the $100 down. They did hold to selling for the sticker price which I understand some dealers are grossly marking up.
I would sure ask now instead of when you pick kit up. It's a beautiful truck and hard to say No when signing the papers.

I ordered my refreshed early January and received the end of June. During that time there were a couple of increases that I had to pay for. The dealer said there was no getting around it even though I had a sold order and put the $100 down. They did hold to selling for the sticker price which I understand some dealers are grossly marking up.
I would sure ask now instead of when you pick kit up. It's a beautiful truck and hard to say No when signing the papers.
You should have been price protected. GMC did price protection from the date your order is submitted. All the dealer has to do is submit to GMC and they reimburse the dealer the difference. If you reserved early and got an email from GMC when it was time to build the email talked about locking in your price.

I wonder how bad interest rates are now. On another note GMC chat told me my order was built awaiting shipment early June. My dealer said my order was built awaiting chips in early June. Today I got an email saying “congratulations your order has been accepted by GMC” This is the first email I have ever received from GMC! lol who is running these operations!?

Tski, thanks for the information as it confirms what I was told a few months ago. My mistake is I waited until delivery to press the issue and they acted as though this was new to them. I left it that they better check and if nothing else, split the $ with me. I know they need to make money also but come on. I'll stop by in the next few days and start asking again. Maybe a chat with the manager or store owner would help. Thanks.

Tski, thanks for the information as it confirms what I was told a few months ago. My mistake is I waited until delivery to press the issue and they acted as though this was new to them. I left it that they better check and if nothing else, split the $ with me. I know they need to make money also but come on. I'll stop by in the next few days and start asking again. Maybe a chat with the manager or store owner would help. Thanks.
I’ve read where people had success calling GMC and GMC then calling the dealership on their behalf. Definitely worth a shot.

So out of curiosity I initiated 2 chats at the same time with GMC chat. One through my phone and one on pc. The PC chat told me my vehicle was produced and in transit. But stated their system doesn't show any details like location or ETA. My phone chat stated the vehicle is produced and is sitting at the plant yard in Marion, OH awaiting shipping arrangements to be transported to its next destination. Again no ETA or further information. How can two different people from GM chat show completely different information on the same vehicle at the same time? Oh, what a cluster!

So Two weeks ago I received email stating GMC was built. Today I received a call from dealership saying my truck is currently in the Bay Area and is scheduled to be delivered 8/31 he said it could arrive sooner or could arrive two weeks after the date. It’s interesting because I never received anything from GMC saying it was in transit. I live in Northern California strange that it will take over two weeks to get to me.

Depends where it was built, if in Silao Mexico that sounds about right. Let us know when you get it. :)

Depends where it was built, if in Silao Mexico that sounds about right. Let us know when you get it. :)
I will for sure. Once I sign the paper work I will be ordering rims and tires. So I will post pictures once I get them and the truck.

So Two weeks ago I received email stating GMC was built. Today I received a call from dealership saying my truck is currently in the Bay Area and is scheduled to be delivered 8/31 he said it could arrive sooner or could arrive two weeks after the date. It’s interesting because I never received anything from GMC saying it was in transit. I live in Northern California strange that it will take over two weeks to get to me.
That’s awesome your dealer contacted you with an estimated date! I’d rather that happen than a gm chat date. Mine was built in Fort Wayne, just a few hours from me, 9 weeks ago. I’m guessing they still have to do their quality checks before getting it shipped to you. I hope your dates are accurate and you get it very soon!

Update on my order….

Built 5 weeks ago

On chip hold now. Good news is that my dealer thinks that because it’s built and on chip hold, I shouldn’t have to retrofit anything after taking delivery.

Fingers are crossed for delivery soon but also not holding my breath.

Happy for everyone getting their trucks though!
Just got a good update! Dealer says status is changed to ready to ship so they think it got the microchip it was waiting on. From reading above, sounds like it could still be a month+ out for delivery.

On another note, I got impatient and put an order for a 2022 Dodge Ram Ecodiesel. Ordered 5 weeks ago and already have a VIN. Dodge doesn't appear to have the same chip issues GM does. I'm kinda leaning toward the Ram reading about the silly issues and missing features the GM trucks are coming with. IMHO, Dodge has their act together. You don't get awarded truck of year several years in a row without doing something right. RIGHT?!

Just got a good update! Dealer says status is changed to ready to ship so they think it got the microchip it was waiting on. From reading above, sounds like it could still be a month+ out for delivery.

On another note, I got impatient and put an order for a 2022 Dodge Ram Ecodiesel. Ordered 5 weeks ago and already have a VIN. Dodge doesn't appear to have the same chip issues GM does. I'm kinda leaning toward the Ram reading about the silly issues and missing features the GM trucks are coming with. IMHO, Dodge has their act together. You don't get awarded truck of year several years in a row without doing something right. RIGHT?!
Its your money so you get to choose, good luck with the one you buy.:)

Totally understand. The entire goods and service industries are struggling and some certainly have adapted better than others. Best of luck on whatever you decide to do. 👍

Back