2022 Refresh Order Experience

Mine was built and finished 4/16 and arrived at dealer on 6/25. And o have seen a lot of others be in that same ballpark.
That was before they started having chip issues again. Since mid May the trucks have just been getting parked to be finished. I read something today ( wish I saved the link) that said there are approx 15k trucks in Ft Wayne and about the same in Mexico. Supposedly they have beengetting batches of chips in and installing them. I’ll try to find it again. It was from a business/stock website.

Update on my order….

Built 5 weeks ago

On chip hold now. Good news is that my dealer thinks that because it’s built and on chip hold, I shouldn’t have to retrofit anything after taking delivery.

Fingers are crossed for delivery soon but also not holding my breath.

Happy for everyone getting their trucks though!

If this new version of the 3.0 duramax has more power I will cancel this order and get a '23. Taking delivery of a 2022 in August or maybe even later bothers me too...

Now in 4300. Haha, this is a joke. 🤣
Mine moved to 4800 (awaiting transport to dealer!) this week and then back to 4000. I know GM doesn't want to even share these event codes probably because of this, but who is running this shit show? lol

The whole thing is a disaster. My dealer says trucks showing in transit really aren’t and others are just showing up. I don’t trust a word the Gm chat says anymore since that’s been conflicting and now it’s just pretty much a canned response.

Hello All,
I'm new to this forum but have gathered great information from here for awhile now. I currently own a 2020 AT4 3.0l. I decided to order a refresh and thought I'd give my current experience with everything hoping it will help someone else. It is similar to others I've seen posted. I ordered Onyx Black 6.2l with all the packages.

4/12/22 Order placed from local trusted dealer
5/14/22 Order Accepted
6/1/22 Scheduled for Production
6/8/22 Vehicle Produced/Received VIN

I was in shock my dealer was allocated and the truck was built in a seemingly timely manner after ordering (especially after reading others issues). I have gone through the same goat rope with GM chat that others have with incorrect information. Early July I was told it was awaiting semi conductors and then the second week of July I was told it is in transit. My dealer verified that was incorrect. It was built in Fort Wayne, which is the frustrating part considering I only live a few hours from the plant. The most recent GM chat informed me the truck is in Marion, OH. I did specifically ask if it was still awaiting the semi conductors and they said it was completely built, just waiting for it to ship (Taking that with a grain of salt). To all the people who were showing theirs in transit, from the information I have seen, my assumption is that the truck was showing "In Transit" because it was being shipping to a different location to await the semi conductors. In my case being shipped to Marion, OH. I was actually told be GM chat during this that it showed physically on a semi. So they are showing "In Transit" which technically isn't wrong, just not in transit to the dealer. I will be contacting my dealer this week hoping for a positive update. I try to keep in mind that GM chat has limited resources and information regarding all this (which is an error in GM's part, probably due to liability). I'll try to keep an update with the remainder of the process and hope everyone who is awaiting their refresh will get theirs soon!

Hello All,
I'm new to this forum but have gathered great information from here for awhile now. I currently own a 2020 AT4 3.0l. I decided to order a refresh and thought I'd give my current experience with everything hoping it will help someone else. It is similar to others I've seen posted. I ordered Onyx Black 6.2l with all the packages.

4/12/22 Order placed from local trusted dealer
5/14/22 Order Accepted
6/1/22 Scheduled for Production
6/8/22 Vehicle Produced/Received VIN

I was in shock my dealer was allocated and the truck was built in a seemingly timely manner after ordering (especially after reading others issues). I have gone through the same goat rope with GM chat that others have with incorrect information. Early July I was told it was awaiting semi conductors and then the second week of July I was told it is in transit. My dealer verified that was incorrect. It was built in Fort Wayne, which is the frustrating part considering I only live a few hours from the plant. The most recent GM chat informed me the truck is in Marion, OH. I did specifically ask if it was still awaiting the semi conductors and they said it was completely built, just waiting for it to ship (Taking that with a grain of salt). To all the people who were showing theirs in transit, from the information I have seen, my assumption is that the truck was showing "In Transit" because it was being shipping to a different location to await the semi conductors. In my case being shipped to Marion, OH. I was actually told be GM chat during this that it showed physically on a semi. So they are showing "In Transit" which technically isn't wrong, just not in transit to the dealer. I will be contacting my dealer this week hoping for a positive update. I try to keep in mind that GM chat has limited resources and information regarding all this (which is an error in GM's part, probably due to liability). I'll try to keep an update with the remainder of the process and hope everyone who is awaiting their refresh will get theirs soon!
Interesting. I ordered mine on April 30th, received notice July 29th it was built. When I ordered the truck the dealer was up front and said I probably would not receive the Truck until October/ November , maybe end of August early September if things improve to how they use to operate. I would rather just get the notice when it is shipped instead of built. I feel like it gives false hope.

Interesting. I ordered mine on April 30th, received notice July 29th it was built. When I ordered the truck the dealer was up front and said I probably would not receive the Truck until October/ November , maybe end of August early September if things improve to how they use to operate. I would rather just get the notice when it is shipped instead of built. I feel like it gives false hope.
If mine arrives in the next couple weeks, then my dealers original time frame will be accurate. This is my first vehicle that I’ve ordered from factory. So I can see where order/build/shipped updates were probably more exciting in the past when they were accurate.

For what it’s worth I got what seemed to be a helpful rep on the GMC chat today. Of course my truck is still sitting in Marion OH but he didn’t give me the typical canned response people have been getting. He said the shipping timetable is 8-12 weeks from build date. Obviously some sooner some later. I had a 5/30 build week but apparently my actual build date was 6/9 which he gave me unprompted and also gave me the event code which hasn’t changed unprompted. Hopefully this holds true because I really don’t want a truck that’s been sitting forever. Im reading a lot of stories about issues from the trucks sitting. Rodent issues and paint issues.

For what it’s worth I got what seemed to be a helpful rep on the GMC chat today. Of course my truck is still sitting in Marion OH but he didn’t give me the typical canned response people have been getting. He said the shipping timetable is 8-12 weeks from build date. Obviously some sooner some later. I had a 5/30 build week but apparently my actual build date was 6/9 which he gave me unprompted and also gave me the event code which hasn’t changed unprompted. Hopefully this holds true because I really don’t want a truck that’s been sitting forever. Im reading a lot of stories about issues from the trucks sitting. Rodent issues and paint issues.
It is nice when you get a representative who is willing to actually find you useful information. There are too many sending the automated responses. If my dealer was receiving more up to date information, then I wouldn't even contact GM chat. But that's their automated passing the buck. This is the first vehicle I plan on having ceramic coated, and I'm pretty worried about the condition of the paint from sitting for 2 months. I was really hoping to get by with minimal paint correction before the coating.

It is nice when you get a representative who is willing to actually find you useful information. There are too many sending the automated responses. If my dealer was receiving more up to date information, then I wouldn't even contact GM chat. But that's their automated passing the buck. This is the first vehicle I plan on having ceramic coated, and I'm pretty worried about the condition of the paint from sitting for 2 months. I was really hoping to get by with minimal paint correction before the coating.
Seeing your comment about worrying about the paint I can relate. I am way too anal about my paint. The one thing I learned from not looking carefully under the right light conditions is not to accept any vehicle they have put a buffer on it. I brought one back the week I bought one years ago and they said they would get one of their guys that knew what they were doing to fix it. WRONG. It was never right. I have seen brand new vehicles from time to time that under lights at night or inside buildings the swirl marks are horrifying. There was a brand new one right next to my AT4 on the lot that you might not even notice in the daytime, but if you look closer at night under lights it had terrible buff marks all through the body. That is the deal breaker for any vehicle for whatever reason they decide it needs buffed on and they don’t know what they are doing. You may know this already, but sometimes we are focused on things and miss something down the road that you can’t shake.

Most reactions

Back