2022 AT4X - Larger Tires/Wheels Installed - Pics and Review

Do you have any rubbing or and issues ? did you have to trim anything ? your truck looks great with those tires i would like to do the same
Sorry to revive an old thread, but this is the set up im looking to do. did this member every reply if he had to do any trimming?

I have a 2022 AT4, 6.2, 4x4, crewcab, w/factory 2” lift
I switched from the OEM 20” wheels to Icon Alloys Compression 17x8.5 +0mm wheels with Toyo Open Country A/T III 35x12.50R17LT tires. Had to do a lot of trimming! Removed the mud flaps and bracket, installed the mud flap delete kit and even had to do some trimming on the delete cap! Also had to trim the corners of the air dam and still have some minor rubbing somewhere, so I’m installing the Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks to get an extra one inch of lift in the front in hopes of stopping the rubbing at right lock turns. The rubbing is not really bad but very annoying.
I'll let you know after I get the shocks installed.
How did the leveling turn out? Would you have had to trim if you did that first?

I was told that had I installed the Bilstein adjustable shocks with new UCA's first that I would not have needed to trim as much as I did or have not needed to remove the mud flaps. My truck came with a 2" lift and then I got at least 1" from the shocks, then 1.5" from the UCA's for a total of around 4.5"! It's no wonder that I'm having trouble getting into the friggin' truck, but I absolutely love the way the truck looks. Actually, the tires were one size too big and should have been 11.5" wide instead of 12.5" wide and that's why the tires rubbed so much. Last weekend I installed ERG fender flares so I wouldn't get a lot of paint chips since the mud flaps were deleted. Next is installing the Boost tow mirrors and then installing cab lights.

Last edited:
Back