1500 XXL factory replacement fuel tank.

phobby

Reaction score
Incase any of you 1500 Diesel owners want a larger fuel tank. Titan has a factory replacement 43gallon diesel tank for the crew cab trucks. The factory tank is 24 gallons, which means you almost double your range to 1500 miles by Titans website.

I put a Titan XXL tank on my 21 Dually that gave me 60 gallons of diesel and loves it. I put the S&B on my 23 AT4 HD because their tank has a 62 gallon capacity vs Titan 56 gal.

If you drive a lot or tow regularly. The tank pays for itself- filling up when you see cheaper fuel or just not wasting the time to stop for fuel as often.

Have you seen any issues with the fuel gauge on the HD's? Does the computer adjust for the distance to empty screen?

Have you seen any issues with the fuel gauge on the HD's? Does the computer adjust for the distance to empty screen?
On any GM you can’t adjust the DTE (fuel range). The truck continues to read fuel level but your best bet for range is to
1. reset the trip meter to know your mileage per tank.
2. Check your fuel gauge at different levels (1/4, 1/2, 3/4 tank) when you fill up and however many gallons it takes at each. The mpg will still be accurate on the truck computer.
3. The MYGMC/Chevrolet app has a % fuel level that’s more accurate than looking at the gauge in the truck. If you want to calculate range with the app fuel level % you can get close based on the percentage x the tank capacity.

On my last three truck I just reset trip B when I fill up. Then take its mpg and divide the mileage on the trip B. Gives me a pretty close estimate on fuel used and fuel range left.

Or last effort- when the fuel gauge says E which has always been accurate= get fuel.

Last edited:
Incase any of you 1500 Diesel owners want a larger fuel tank. Titan has a factory replacement 43gallon diesel tank for the crew cab trucks. The factory tank is 24 gallons, which means you almost double your range to 1500 miles by Titans website.

I put a Titan XXL tank on my 21 Dually that gave me 60 gallons of diesel and loves it. I put the S&B on my 23 AT4 HD because their tank has a 62 gallon capacity vs Titan 56 gal.

If you drive a lot or tow regularly. The tank pays for itself- filling up when you see cheaper fuel or just not wasting the time to stop for fuel as often.
Do you have a link to the tank? All I see on their site for 1500s are the 40 and 50 gallon tanks that sit in the bed. What am I missing?

@gemarsh - Unfortunately, that link appears to be for the 2500 and 3500 HD version of the tanks. Where do you see the 43 gallon version for the 1500s?

Edit: Nevermind, managed to find it here:

is there a reason that you could not get the 43 gallon tank for a gasoline engine AT4X

is there a reason that you could not get the 43 gallon tank for a gasoline engine AT4X
I talked to Titan. They haven’t been able to test an AT4X model yet. They said if you do order one and the AT4X suspension has a clearance issue, they will refund full price. Normally they charge 20% restocking fee.

Is there a larger fuel tank for the AT4X with the 6.2 anyone has found? 24 gallons is just too small IMO. Just not enough range with that small of a tank.

Are you aware if this will fit the 22 refresh - 23 models?

Are you aware if this will fit the 22 refresh - 23 models?
Fits my 2023 AT4 Duramax perfectly - works great and minor ground clearance loss (maybe 1") Love the 43 gallon range.
Yeah, it’s a game changer to have almost double the fuel capacity. If you plan fill ups at stations that are always cheaper it save you time and pays for itself.

I ordered one over the weekend for my '23 AT4.

I am curious if the dealer would try to slip out of a warranty claim if there would be any issues with the sending unit or associated components down the road.

Most reactions

Back